• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Hi backup manager crash when i try to restore

dblii

New Pleskian
hi i try to restore a database from my backups and it load for very long, the database i try to restore is just 5MB. FInally the database after 2hours not restored and the progress bar continue loading

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 3.27.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-30 at 3.27.10 PM.png
    111.1 KB · Views: 5
If this is a virtual server with limited cpu power (e.g. 2 virtual cores), it is thinkable that a 45 GB restore takes that long. The reason for it is that the 45 GB needs to be downloaded from the archive location (if that is coming from an external system) and decompressed (on your local machine) first. Then the database can be restored from a dump file inside the archive.

How to find out?

What you can do is to start a shell while the restore is active and enter:
# ps aux | grep pmm

You will find several processes of the backup manager. You can then check whether these processes are actually doing something or whether they are stuck. For example you could

# strace -p <pid>

of a specific one of theses processes to check whether it is doing something.

You could also use the "top" command to see if the backup processes consumes a lot of cpu power (normally a restore does).

Back