• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Unable to restore file on Plesk 18.0.52

bhavesh.baldaniya

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.52
I am trying to restore my all backup site and trying to upload file using Backup Manager but I am getting error below

Error: Unable to upload backup_conf_xxxxxxxxxx.tzst to the server storage: Unable to import file as dump: Import error: Unable to find archive metadata. The archive is not valid Plesk backup or has been created in an unsupported Plesk version.

Is there any way we can check compability version ? or what should I need to do to restore the backup site,database and all stuff ?

The normal backup filename convention is backup_YYMMDDHHss.tar for full backups and backup_YYMMDDHHss_YYMMDDHHss.tar for increments. When download a backup archive from a subscription, the filename will be backup_<subscription name>_YYMMDDHHss.tar.

Your file is named backup_conf_<something>.tzst. This is not a backup archive. It is one part of a backup archive and was probably copied from a local backup. But it is not a remote backup file.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your response.

I have 7gb backup and what is the best way to restore all the backup at once ?

I should I upload it to server as Backup manager has restriction of 2gb for file upload.

Thanks in advance.

1) Upload the backup archive file to any directory on your server. It does not need to be a location in the /var/www/vhosts tree, it can be anywhere.
2) Import the backup archive with this command into the Backup Manager:
PLESK_BACKUP_PASSWORD="yourpassword" plesk sbin pmm-ras --import-file-as-dump --dump-file-specification /path/to/file.tar
If you have not set a backup password, omit the password part and start with "plesk".
3) After a successful import to local backups you can remove the uploaded archive from step (1) to make room on the disk.
4) The backup can then be restored locally from Backup Manager.

Hi Peter,

Thank you for quick response. Import backup works as expected.

How to restore backup to another domain ?

Imported backup file xyz.com

Need to restore it in to uat.xyz.com. How can I achieve this ?

Yes, but it's a lot of work. You can unpack your backup archive and descend into the directory tree to find the files of the websites and the database dump. This cannot be done through Plesk GUI, but needs to be done on the Linux command line.

Back