• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

High CPU load after upgrading to 9.2.1

I haven't and am rather nervous about doing any such thing. I've been using plesk since ver 2.x and have found that when things get hairy, they get worse when you mess with it. Right now, it's hairy but it's working :).

I'll look at your post again, maybe I can make a backup of the server before I try it. One would hope that this will be a priority fix but who knows lately.

Mike

Only fix I've found is to roll back via rpm -Uhv with --force option to the 9.0.1 qmail files (both common driver and the qc)

Seems to be working as flawed as that version was, however no runaway authpsa and relyloick problems.

Think you could share your exact commands so that if some want to try it, they don't screw something else in error.

Mike

Spamdyke does NOT fix the issue unfortunately (will keep Spamdyke anyway, cool program). I thought it would fix it going by the testimony here, installed it --- but the problem just reoccurred.

I wish Parallels would come up with a solution soon - because this is a MAJOR issue. For now I have deselected the poplock time setting.. But there has to be a better solution from Parallels, here's hoping.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few weeks ago I opened a support ticket with Parallels because of this issue. They were not able to fix it, only gave the indication to stop using pop-before-smtp, a workaround that stopped the problems. I had to notify every customer to switch to SMTP-AUTH and start using only full usernames, which actually was something I wanted to do for a very long time. Now it's done.

Nevertheless, I am still really pissed off with Parallels. First for introducing the problem on a minor release, second for making me pay for a support ticket which they could not solve, and third for putting me in a bad situation with my customers. Parallels should be a partner for my business, and these points translate to the opposite.

I let the 9.2.1 upgrade install everything and then I wernt back to my 9.0.1 files and did a force install (rpm -Uhv *.rpm --force) of the files found in the /opt/maildrivers sectiuon of the 9.0.1 distro.
The files that were forced are:

courier-imap-3.0.8-cos5.build90090127.18.x86_64.rpm
psa-mail-driver-common-9.0.1-cos5.build90090127.18.x86_64.rpm
psa-mail-qc-driver-1.0.0-cos5.build90090127.18.x86_64.rpm
psa-qmail-1.03-cos5.build90090127.18.x86_64.rpm

(or the equivalent for your particular OS)

So far I haaven't been experiencing any problems that I can see...

Remember you can always reinstall the 9.2.1 files if this doesn't work for you.

Would appreciate someone posting if they have any issues after this.... seems like a better fix than the plesk kb article that has you disable features etc....

Suuprt tickets

A few weeks ago I opened a support ticket with Parallels because of this issue. They were not able to fix it, only gave the indication to stop using pop-before-smtp, a workaround that stopped the problems. I had to notify every customer to switch to SMTP-AUTH and start using only full usernames, which actually was something I wanted to do for a very long time. Now it's done.

Nevertheless, I am still really pissed off with Parallels. First for introducing the problem on a minor release, second for making me pay for a support ticket which they could not solve, and third for putting me in a bad situation with my customers. Parallels should be a partner for my business, and these points translate to the opposite.

I'm a little irritated (or a lot) that it is now IMPOSSIBLE to get through to anyone in support without paying huge sums of money up front. Just thought I'd say my piece on this as I have always in the past been able to work with the engineers and support people at Parallels (Then SW-Soft) and believe that I have contributed in this manner to a better product.

Now it seems that they are more interested in grabbing ALL of the server control panel business (or they have already), producing buggier software, and no longer supporting their customers, many of whom, have been using their products since theri 2.x release!

Shame on you!

reduce timeout to 1min as solution?

does it help to reduce the POP3 timeout to 1min?

Steps to upgrades

Step one:

Fedora Core X.X is nice but if you read the documentation is not really recomended for enterprise environments.

Step two:

Switch to CentOS 5.3 with Virtuozzo 4.0 as your base install

Step three:

Use YUM UPDATE to do your updates instead of APT GET

Step four:

Use VZUP2DATE for Virtuozzo updates, do them on every other Sunday. This gives the developers a week to develop and a week to get a few bugs out.

Step five:

Unless neccessary, don't jump on the next big release, 9.0.1 - 9.2.1 train until proven ( one month in.)

There's a simple solution:

Go into plesk:

1) Mail server settings

* At Relay Options:
2) Uncheck the authentication required: "POP3 lock time"

* Disable greylisting:
3) /usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing –update-server -status off

Everything will work okay :)

Back