• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue High CPU usage. How to read the Monitoring table

goodomen

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 Update #5
Hello my server has High CPU usage.
I see in the Monitoring this.
How do I read it?
How can I know which website or process is taking all the CPU?

How to read this CPU total usage.JPG
How to read the Monitoring table

Based on the graph, I think we can only say something is utilizing the CPU. If you change the timeframe to a week or a month, it could be possible to understand when exactly it was started. Based on this graph, it is hard to say what exactly the reason is here. At least, the graph says that need to look a little bit deeper to understand what generates the usage: is it legitimate usage and maybe need to upgrade the server hardware? is some website poorly written? is there some virus generating usage?

• With the Monitoring extension, you can check all rest tabs to find more clues on what could generate CPU usage (the "Services" tab).
  • Also with the Monitoring extension (the "Settings" button on the Monitoring extension page), if your system supports cgroups feature, it is possible to start monitoring subscriptions usage. If the issue with a subscription, it could help to find out which one,
1719508658529.png

1719508912095.png

Back