• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hmailserver 5 compatibility

G

gongcart

As you know that hmailserver 5 currently it is in alpha stage. I am wondering if there is any way that I can modify plesk for windows to be compatible with the hmailserver 5.

Currently, plesk for windows only support hmailserver 4.x, when you upgrade to hmailserver 5,due to changes on database structure, therefore, plesk can not read the domain and give you "domain does not exist" error for existing domain on hmailserver.

All php files are encoded in plesk, therefore, if there is a way for addon to be modified, that will be great.

so it on 'The feature request is queued. ' when is upcoming for release or patch release? do you have any timeframe?

thanks

Any news about this ?

New servers have windows 2008 now and we need hmailserver 5 for that....

There are some compatibility problems and corresponding bug was submitted. Developers are working on it and I hope that hmailserver 5 will be supported in the next Plesk version.

Is there an ETA of when this will be done? hmailserver 4 isnt great for spam filtering .... are there any work arounds? I have installed spam assassin and have followed some how tos about setting up VBS using the Antivirus option in hmailserver... but it seems to have problem delivering some email

In the mean time... what return code should I be checking for when using C:\plesk\admin\bin\hmailfilter.exe as an AV filter in hmailserver 4.4.1 ?

Thanks

Ben

Is there an ETA of when this will be done? hmailserver 4 isnt great for spam filtering .... are there any work arounds? I have installed spam assassin and have followed some how tos about setting up VBS using the Antivirus option in hmailserver... but it seems to have problem delivering some email

I have no any ETA and we never provide any ETA.

Guys,

Could you please send me in PM information about what is your company, how much Plesk servers for hMailServer 5 you have?

Thank you.

We're just a small company, currently with only two servers. The reason for using hmailserver is for keeping costs down... its a good fully featured mail server.... with built in spam filtering.. using the spam filter externally isnt as smooth/easy to configure.

Hello,

my company has one server with Plesk 9.x under Windows Server 2008.

I am waiting to get a Plesk version supporting hMailServer 5 to migrate from version 4.4 to 5.x.

Thanks.

at the time we get more and more Windows 2008 Server and hmailserver 5 is the software to manage our email-accounts.

What is with the support for hmailserver 5? its time for that!

Back