• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

hMailserver

Also, it's funny how this is the top viewed/responded to thread by a large margin.

Thankfully we've begun moving away from these scammers.

Goodbye Plesk!!

We asked for hMailserver 5 support since 2 years and you wrote "We are working on it" and know you kill this feauture completly?

Arghh, this is a really gerat support for customers!!! Uninstall Plesk and make everything manually.

You wait for what answer? hMailServer is not supported.
And - http://kb.odin.com/en/9602

i meant "an answer explaining the reason".

why did you abandon the only very good, open source, free windows mail server around? that is pretty strange for many customers that have been using it and plesk for years!

i am sorry, but just saying you do not support it, does not mean this is serious.

Actually I have version 4.4 working on my Plesk 10 install now. Took a bit but seems to be working fine.

please share procedure

Chebyrashka

Could you please share the steps you followed to get it working? And any tip you find useful. Many thanks in advance.

It wasn't very difficult really. I disabled MailEnable and then reboot the server. Then installed hMailServer 4.4, using the mySQL option. Then in Plesk 10, under components, refresh the components and hMail was visible, selected it and it worked. Before this, I deleted all my subscriptions though, keep in mind this was a new Plesk install and server so I didn't really lose anything. It might work with existing subscriptions also though.

hMailServer version

Hello All,

Just a quick note for those who are interested, I found that a specific version and build of hmailserver workes better and more reliable than any others.

hMailServer 4.4.1 B273

I have had this running perfectly on Plesk 9.x for 2 1/2 years now, recently upgraded to Plesk 10.4.4, which through a whole load of other issues up, but as I still had mailenable installed, just disabled everything still works fine.

When I first tried installing hMailServer 2 1/2 years ago I had a nightmare trying to get the server to show in the Plesk Panel, it was only after a lot of trial and error I discovered version 4.4.1, build 273 worked perfectly.

Seth

hMailServer Version for Plesk 10.4.4

Hi,

Can someone please confirm if they were able to install hMailServer with Plesk v10.4.4 --if yes, which version of hMailServer works?

Thank you!

DT

As indicated above people were able to use hMailServer 4.4.1 B273 without Plesk officially supporting it --that's why I was wondering.

Thank you!

DT

You can use it if it really work but only on your own risk.

v11?

Hey SethRegan,
I still have v9.5.
Before migration: Did yous witch to mailenable and after disbaling it in the new version: back to hmailserver?
Or did you "just" upgrade Plesk, disbaling Mailenable afterwards!?

Is there already someone having hmailserver ruinning on v11?

I got hm 4.4 running stable on Plesk 11. But since 4.4 it is the latest version of hm not supporting SSL, i guess Parallels does have contracts with mailserver suppliers offering this necessary feature not for free.

So, does anyone have kind of tutorial how to get hm 5+ working on a windows root with plesk independent?

Back