• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde Activesync send mail problem

jsitz

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

My config is CentOS 6.6 with Plesk 112.0.18 Update #38

I got Horde Activesync working by following this documentation on
http://www.stiftnet.de/activesync-mit-horde-einsetzen/

I receive mails and calendar is syncing too.

The only problem I have is that I 'm not able to send mails from my Iphone neither from Outlook 2013.

I see this error in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/logs/proxy_error_log

2015/03/25 15:37:14 [error] 29258#0: *1510 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, server: mydomain.com, request: "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Ping&User=[email protected]&DeviceId=F6353DD51BFD4F6EA8FB0887B8F3E35C&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:7081/Micros...EA8FB0887B8F3E35C&DeviceType=WindowsOutlook15", host: "mail.mydomain.com"

Can anybody help me with this problem even if Activesync is not officially supported.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards

Hello everyone,

Can anybody help me please?

I know that the problem is Nginx related. But the config seems to be right. NGInx service is started. I have the same problem with and without the firewall enabled.

Just tell me the log files you need.

Thanks.

Kind regards.

Hello everyone,

I updated to version 12.0.18 Update #41 now. I started to verify all the log files and found this in maillog:

dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=8823, TLS, session=<a1myaZsT4gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=8828, TLS, session=<86O1aZsT5QAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
dovecot: imap-login: Login: user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, mpid=8829, TLS, session=<vyC2aZsT5gAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>
postfix/smtpd[8283]: connect from localhost[::1]
postfix/smtpd[8228]: connect from localhost[::1]
postfix/smtpd[8283]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[::1]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.myserver.com>
postfix/smtpd[8228]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from localhost[::1]: 554 5.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<mail.myserver.com>
dovecot: service=imap, [email protected], ip=[::1]. Disconnected: Logged out rcvd=26, sent=435
dovecot: service=imap, user=Apr 13 15:51:38 myhostname postfix/smtpd[8283]: disconnect from localhost[::1]
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote
/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/psa-pc-remote[4408]: Message aborted.
postfix/smtpd[8228]: disconnect from localhost[::1]

Certainly there is a relation between both.

Thanks for help.

Kind regards.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I found the solution here:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20130422/047448.html

"The 'hosts' configuration array is only used when using the ActiveSync
server to serve (non-activesync) AutoDiscovery requests from Outlook
clients. It allows Horde to auto configure IMAP/POP/SMTP server
access. It's not used by ActiveSync clients.

Horde's ActiveSync server uses the mailer configuration from the
global horde configuration (the 'Mailer' tab)."

In my case smtp authentification is missing. To repair this problem go to /etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde
Open conf.php

Add the following lines:
$conf[mailer][params][username] = '[email protected]';
$conf[mailer][params][password] = 'yourpassword';
Save and close conf.php

Type the following command in the terminal (or by ssh):
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

And normaly it has to work now. Mails will be sent now.

Kind regards.

Actually that's not quite correct. Supplying a generic relay account and pwd opens up the server for all kinds of misuse I guess...

What you need to do is enable the username_auth option conf.php by adding:

$conf[mailer][params][username_auth] = true;
$conf[mailer][params][password_auth] = true;

This is supposed to be a default value but for some reasing this seems to be ignored with later versions...

Back