• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde Calendar doesn't work

P

phorium

I've done an upgrade on a Suse 9.1 server from 7.1.4 to 7.5.0 and everything worked beautifully. I haven't found any of the problems that many have been speaking of yet, so I'll keep knocking on wood. Just wanted to send out a "thank you!" instead of a "this sucks!" for a change.

The only problem I've found so far is that the new calendar function in horde looks and works great, but if you try to create a new event and save it, nothing happens. Any ideas on how to fix this or where to look for errors so I can debug it?

Thanks

Same for me ... I'll take a proper look later but I've sent a bugreport in case I don't get a chance.

i had to edit conf.php in /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/kronolith/config

you have to adjust the database settings to reflect your admin settings.

Originally posted by VagrantHost
i had to edit conf.php in /home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/kronolith/config

you have to adjust the database settings to reflect your admin settings.

You shouldn't have to give it your admin settings... It should just use the webmail login that horde uses. Which it is already configured to do. So that means there is another problem somewhere else.

Latest Kronolith not saving events

I recently installed the latest version of the Horde suite with Kronolith, and encountered the same problem. When I created Calendar events, and even notes in Mnemo, they weren't visible.

Some things I noticed: If you create a second calendar, a drop-down menu appears on the upper right of the page, that allows you to choose which calendar you want to view. When I selected the default one ([username]'s calendar), I could see my events. As soon as I changed months, however, I was unable to see the events until I re-selected the default calendar. This was also the case with Mnemo notes--I had to select [username]'s Notes in order to see notes I had entered.

If you click on My Calendars or My Notes on the toolbar, you are given the option to select your default calendar or default notes list. Even when you specify the one you want, which is typically [username]'s (replace the value in the square brackets with your username) calendar or notes, Kronolith and Mnemo won't display the default calendar or notes list.

After banging my head against the wall for a couple of days, this is how I fixed the problem:

In the Administration -> Setup menu, there is a tab called "Preferencing System". On my install, it was not configured by default. Wow. That meant that when I specified my default calendar and notes list, that information was NOT being stored anywhere. I configured the Preferencing System to use an SQL database, "Horde defaults" as the driver, and the default table name "horde_prefs."

With that step done, I went back into the Calendar Options (by clicking Options on the Kronolith toolbar) and selected [username]'s Calendar. I did the same with Mnemo, setting the default notes list to [username]'s notes. Now, when I enter the Calendar or Notes applications, those defaults persist and I see my calendar and notes list, complete with entries.

Yeah, I know, shoulda read the instructions. :)

Back