• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde login username

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
Prior to 9.5 I could login to horde with username & password. Now I have to use username@domain & password.

How can I change it so the domain is not required in username?

http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PPP9/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-administrators-guide/59430.htm :

There is also an option to allow open relay without authorization, which, by default, is hidden from the user interface. Opening mail relay without authorization is not recommended because it allows spammers to send unsolicited mail through your server. If you want to set the open relay, log in to the server's file system, locate the file root.controls.lock in your Parallels Plesk Panel installation directory (PRODUCT_ROOT_D/var/root.controls.lock on Unix and PRODUCT_DATA_D/var/root.controls.lock on Windows platforms) and remove the line /server/mail.php3:relay_open from this file. The open relay option will show in your control panel.

# Select the webmail program that should be available to the users.
# Select the antivirus program that should be used on the server.
# Select the spam protection option that should be used on the server.
# Select the mail account name format.

Selecting the Use of short and full names is allowed option will allow users to log in to their mail accounts by specifying only the left part of e-mail address before the @ sign (for example, username), or by specifying the full e-mail address (for example, [email protected]).

To avoid possible authorization problems for e-mail users who reside in different domains but have identical user names and passwords, we recommend that you choose the Only use of full mail account names is allowed option.

Once you have set your mail server to support only full mail account names, you will not be able to switch back to supporting short account names until you make sure there are no encrypted passwords for mailboxes and user accounts with coinciding user names and passwords residing in different domains.

Why why the change from 9.3 to 9.5? I have made no other changes apart from upgrading and now my old logins do not work.

There is no fix.

Horde was updated several versions.

The short user name was being depreciated for a while, its just now enforced.

Thanks for that.

Any idea when you access the new version from a mobile device you are taken to a ‘cannot display this page’.

Never used to happen before.

No problems! The horde was so old that is why it happened. There have been lots of updates since and parallels never updated horde.

Its like with php 5, when 5.3 came out everyone complains you get warnings if you have safe mode set to on and also if you don't specify the actual timezone in php.ini However its been warned since 5.1 this was happening, and 5.3 they just enforced it.

On to your mobile issue.

What device are you using exactly?

Also in your domain check the error logs at that time and see what is being generated.

Maybe problem in that mobile browser is not supported by Horde?

I am using an iPhone.

Prior to 9.5 this worked fine.

Now I get: URL /mimp/login.php cannot be found.

Are you sure that psa-mimp package is correctly installed?

# rpm -ql psa-mimp | grep login.php
/usr/share/psa-horde/mimp/login.php

Check it with 'rpm -V psa-mimp' and try to reinstall this package.

Hi IgorG,

It is definately installed, I ran rpm -Uvh with --force, it's still the same.

If you look in the horde/mimp it is definately missing the index.php there is no file there nor any sim link so something is definately wrong with the package.

Can the developers look at a patch ASAP since any mimp with horde is completely broken so that is bad.

Thanks!

# rpm -ql psa-mimp | grep index
/usr/share/psa-horde/mimp/index.php
/usr/share/psa-horde/mimp/templates/index
/usr/share/psa-horde/mimp/templates/index/notconfigured.inc

Attached is the screenshot from a mobile device when attempting to connect to webmail.domain.com

Prior to the 9.5 upgrade it worked faultlessly and I used it everyday!!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 16
The installed version of Horde in Plesk 9.5.1 appears to be broken which is why short names won't work anymore. The variables that allows for shortnames is 'maildomain' located under:

/etc/psa-webmail/horde/imp/servers.php

This in turn references other files named:

/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Sessions.php
/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php

On Plesk 9.3.1 you'll find on line 61 of the imp.php file the code snippet that joins the login with the domain before the authentication happens. In Horde under Plesk 9.5.1 this setting of the 'maildomain' variable doesn't exist, on closer inspection the latest version of IMP H3 shows that this code was merged into the 'Sessions.php' file.

It should work, there is no reason for it not to, it looks like the addition of 'mail_domain' in the global prefs is causing some issue but I haven't been able to track it down yet.

Hi IgorG,

The error is it can't find /mimp/login.php and indeed there is no login.php in mimp

Can a patch be done? Even a rough fix simply to disable mimp until its fixed and pipe it all over to /imp or just plainly raw horde?

It needs someone to verify if even imp is working, certainly mimp is not.

I have forwarded this problem with psa-mimp to developers for the further investigation. Let's wait their answer.

Back