• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Horde open_basedir error

K

KamilG

Hello

From few weeks I'm receiving such error when navigationg to webmail.domain.com

Failed to import configuration file "/usr/share/psa-horde/config/conf.php": Warning: include() [function.include]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde.php on line 532

I'm on a Debian 5.0
my php version is 5.3.x
I navigated to generated config files in /opt/psa/admin/conf/generated and I was able to edit file located in there but changing settings in there did not had any effect. I also wanted to have a solution working all time and not repeating steps when this config was regenerated.

I also switched open_basedir to off in my global php.ini but local settings were overwriting global ones.

Same problem ...

Horde:
Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: require(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 212 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217 Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Registry.php on line 217

A fatal error has occurred

Failed to import configuration file "/usr/share/psa-horde/config/conf.php": Warning: include(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/usr/share/psa-horde:/etc/psa-webmail/horde/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/:/var/log/psa-horde:/usr/share/doc/:/usr/share/psa-pear/) in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde.php on line 532

Atmail:
Warning: Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/atmail/:/var/log/atmail/:/etc/psa-webmail/atmail/:/tmp/:/var/tmp/) in Unknown on line 0

Parallels Plesk Panel v10.3.1_build1013110726.09 os_Debian 6.0
PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze3

I'm still having the same issue - each time plesk is being upgraded new files are being generated and my webmail stops because of openbasedir restrictions.

PLease move this topic to troubleshooting subforum if possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thank You for Your reply but i don't have those problems on domains but only on webmail - horde.

Back