• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde questions

B

BenjS

Hello everybody

I'll use Horde with Plesk 10.3, installation and configuration wasn't really complicated. :)

But I've got some troubles with the Horde installation:
-> How can I configure Horde, so that after the Login the webmail (imp) shows up and not this "horde my portal" stuff.
-> Where can I set global default settings? e.g. language to german, timesettings and so on?

Thanks,
Benjamin

Hi Igor

Thanks for your reply, so I can just modifiy this configs as usual? Nothing "special" with Plesk, right?

Cheers,

You can try at least. Do not forget create backup of original configs just in case.

Hallo Benjamin,

das geht auch ohne Anpassung der Config files:

Einloggen:
Links: Einstellungen -> Allgemeine Einstellungen
Rechts im Dropdown Einstellungen bearbeiten für: auf allgemeine Einstellungen auswählen
Unter Anzeigeeinstellungen dann

Welche Anwendung soll Horde nach dem Anmelden angezeigen?

entsprechend deiner Auswahl auswählen. Das ist dann allerdings nur für den aktuell eingeloggten User gültig.

und unter "Sprache und Zeit" kannst du dann auch im Standard auf Deutsch umschalten.

Bitte sei mit den Configdateien vorsichtig. Plesk hat die conf.php erweitert um das auslesen des Datenbankpasswortes, damit dies nicht im Klartext in der Config steht und leichter geändert werden kann. Das darf nicht verloren gehen, sonst kann sich keiner mehr einloggen.

Grüße

Gun-Food

English:
You don't need to edit your configuration files to set these options:
Login, go to settings -> general settings:
Under Displayoptions, you can change the App loaded after login and under Language and Time you can change the default language.

All options are only valid to the current user.

Please be careful editing conf.php directly. It contains the options for the database password, which is stored in an additional file. Take care not to loose this option.

Last edited:
Hallo GunFood

Danke für die Antwort, ich musste die conf.php nicht anfassen. Alle Einstellungen lassen sich in der prefs.php sauber pro Tool setzen. Via registry.d Ordner konnte ich auch die übrigen Tools deaktivieren.

Stellt sich mir nur die Frage: werden die Files bei einem nächsten Update überschrieben?!

English:
I didn't changed anything in the conf.php. All settings are globally configurable in the prefs.php of every single tool. Via registry.d I disabled all unused tool.

But what will happen, if Plesk installs an Update, are these files overwritten then?

Cheers,

Ja werden sie. Allerdings ist das letzte Horde Update auch schon eine ganze Weile her.

Eng:
Yes they will. But the last Horde Upgrade is long time ago.

Btw. IgorG: Will there be an upgrade to Horde 4 with Plesk 10.4 ?

Igor, is there a possiblity to prevent that any update overwrites my horde files?

Cheers,
Benjamin

Hi Igor

I saw the release notes of 10.4. I've installed it (10.4.4), but I can't find Horde 4.2. In horde under Settings i see the following:

Horde (horde) 3.3.10
Webmail (imp) H3 (4.3.9)

In Plesk I read the following (Tools & Settings>Server Components):
psa-horde 3.3.10-suse11.3.build1013111101.14
psa-imp 4.3.9-suse11.3.build1013111101.14

Wht is Horde 4.2, where can I find this version-number?

I would like to have Horde H4 (latest is 4.0.3) and not Horde H3. Ist here a plan to integrate Horde H4 in Plesk?

Best reguards

Stefan

Sorry, but there was error in Release Notes. Now there is correct information - Horde 3.3.10 is supplied component.

Yes, it will be supported by one of next Plesk updates. We always try to use the newest third-party software version, but not always we can do quickly.

Hmm, Horde 3.3.12 is the actual version and it's avail. since 26th July 2011. So 3.3.10 is quiet old...

But I would be happy if you release an upgrade to H4. :)

Back