• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde stops working with hotfix 92091210

EduardoG

Basic Pleskian
Hi all

My horde webmail stopped wroking after aplying last update.
It shows a generic horde error.

I see this in the update log:

Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... cp: missing destination file operand after `/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17/'
Try `cp --help' for more information.
done
Unable to create vhost configuration for horde webmail

WARNING!
During the register found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa-hotfix92091210.17.log)

Continue...

mv: cannot move `/etc/psa/webmail/horde/.horde.shadow' to `/etc/psa-webmail/horde/': No such file or directory
Unable to create vhost configuration for atmail webmail

WARNING!
During the register found some problems(see log file: /tmp/psa-hotfix92091210.17.log)

Continue...

mv: cannot move `/etc/psa/webmail/atmail/.atmail.shadow' to `/etc/psa-webmail/atmail/': No such file or directory
Installing the package psa-selinux-9.2.3-cos5.build92091210.17.noarch
Trying to install Plesk specific permissions... ***** upgrade problem report *****
set ftp_home_dir flag

Horde's error message:
Some of Horde's configuration files are missing or unreadable
prefs.php

This file controls the default preferences for Horde, and also controls which preferences users can alter.
conf.php

This is the main Horde configuration file. It contains paths and basic items that apply to the core framework and all Horde applications.
mime_drivers.php

This file controls the global set of MIME drivers for the Horde framework, allowing applications to make use of programs such as enscript or mswordview to render content into HTML for viewing in a browser.
nls.php

This file provides localisation support for the Horde framework.
registry.php

The registry is how Horde applications find out how to talk to each other. You should list any installed Horde applications that you have here.
Create these files from their .dist versions in /usr/share/psa-horde/config and change them according to your needs.

I'm in a big trouble, can somebody help me?

This is the log file created:

# cat /tmp/psa-hotfix92091210.17.log
Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... `/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/webmailmng' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/webmailmng'
`/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/get_password.php' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/get_password.php'
`/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3'
`/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/ch_pass.php3' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/ch_pass.php3'
done

WARNING!
During the register found some problems
Continue...

Unable to create vhost configuration for horde webmail

WARNING!
During the register found some problems
Continue...

Unable to create vhost configuration for atmail webmail
STOP psa-hotfix3-9.2.3-9.2.3-cos5.build92091210.17 installing AT Tue Dec 15 09:06:51 CET 2009
STOP psa-hotfix3-9.2.3-9.2.3-cos5.build92091210.17 installing AT Tue Dec 15 09:06:51 CET 2009

We have already request to developers regarding this problem. I will update this thread with any useful information when I receive it.

Hello $_,

this seems to be annoying - i got it too.

Hope for quick solutions...

Uninstalling and then rerunning autoinstaller doesn't resolve the issue for me. I've had to uninstall the 2 packages above (psa-hotfix3-9.2.3 and psa-updates) to be able to do what I need to do.

I did the suggested: rpm -e psa-hotfix3-9.2.3 psa-updates /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller But that did not resolve the problem! CentOS 5, Plesk 9.2.3 Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... `/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/webmailmng' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/webmailmng' `/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/get_password.php' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/get_password.php' `/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php3' `/usr/local/psa/tmp/hotfix-92091210.17//usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/ch_pass.php3' -> `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/server/ch_pass.php3' done WARNING! During the register found some problems Continue... Unable to create vhost configuration for horde webmail WARNING! During the register found some problems Continue... Unable to create vhost configuration for atmail webmail STOP psa-hotfix3-9.2.3-9.2.3-cos5.build92091210.17 installing AT Wed Dec 16 20:29:22 PST 2009 STOP psa-hotfix3-9.2.3-9.2.3-cos5.build92091210.17 installing AT Wed Dec 16 20:29:22 PST 2009 horde is working but atmail is not - only showing a blank white screen this is killing us since most our customers use atmail!

I have reported it to developers. Let's wait their answer.

I have discussed with developers and they have informed that some warnings, errors, etc messages are correct behaviour and you can ignore it. They want to know with details - is there really webmails were broken? If you have broken webmails - please describe with more details what was done and what was broken and how?

Hi Igor,

This issue doesn't seem to effect every email account.
Basically the Inbox reports you have unread emails but when you view it its empty.

j.

Hello Igor,

this is what I've done:
- gone to Plesk Admin Panel
- Virtuuozzo --> Manage Software Packages --> Update all

Debian Etch
Plesk 9.2.3
Apache 2.2.3
MySQL 5.0.32

Sorry, I hit the enter button and submitted the form...

...after running the update manager in the Plesk Admin Panel, this problems occure:
- SMTP is not availible on port 587
- horde webmail-client is not availible
- QMail can't deliver any email to user's mailbox

--> QMail-problem could be solved after running "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam" (and restarting qmail, courier-imap, xinetd). The update process has changed or "destroyed" permissions on several folders...

--> SMTP-problem could be solved in Plesk Admin Panel's "Mail Server Settings" (re-enabling "Enable message submission"). The update process disabled this function...

--> Horde is still not availible: "Unable to create vhost configuration for horde webmail"
I removed "psa-hotfix3-9.2.3" and "psa-updates" (via apt-get) and then run "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller". Nothing positiv happend... After all, reinstalling "psa-hotfix3-9.2.3" and "psa-updates" (via apt-get) is not possible (package *** is not availible)

--> @mail was not installed... I tried to install and use it --> failed: "Unable to get options for atmail webmail"

regards,
Martin

Developers will check it and I will keep you updated with results.

Update - Fixed

Hello All,

Just checked in the updates and there is now a fix/update for Horde Support.
Applied and now everything is working again.

I am experiencing the same problems as described above on a Debian system. Unfortunatly there is no hotfix available for me, so the problem is still existing.

Who has problem with atmail - do you have atmail from atomicrocketturtle repo?

Back