• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde Webmail IfModule not allowed here

onycro

Basic Pleskian
Hello there forum users,

I am operating a plesk 12 on ubuntu 14. I configured plesk to use horde as webmailservice. But currently there is an issue with the .htaccess file.

This is what /var/log/apache2/error.log says:
/usr/share/psa-horde/.htaccess: <IfModule not allowed here

My question is: How to resolve that issue? This is what I tried

1. Reconfigure the domain
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-domain mydomain.tld
-> Nothing changed

2. Research
I found out that it could probably the missing directive: AllowOverride
But where to add this and do you also think this directive is the problem?

Hi onycro,

unfortunately, you left out informations about your used apache - webserver - version. Please be informed, that since apache 2.4, there are some important changes, which you may read at:

Please check as well "/etc/apache2/mods-available/" and "/etc/apache2/mods-enabled/" for available modules and activated modules.

To read more about the setting "AllowOverride" for apache 2.4. please visit: AllowOverride-Direktive ( external link, apache.org )

To investigate possible issues/problems, please consider to include your .htaccess - file and the depending configuration files for your domain.

Hello UFHH01,

the installed apache version is 2.4.7.

All enabled mods:
/etc/apache2/mods-enabled$ ls *.conf
actions.conf dav_fs.conf mime.conf php5.conf setenvif.conf
alias.conf dir.conf mpm_prefork.conf proxy.conf ssl.conf

All available mods:
/etc/apache2/mods-available$ ls *.conf
aclr.conf cgid.conf info.conf mpm_event.conf proxy_balancer.conf setenvif.conf
actions.conf dav_fs.conf jk.conf mpm_prefork.conf proxy.conf ssl.conf
alias.conf deflate.conf ldap.conf mpm_worker.conf proxy_ftp.conf status.conf
autoindex.conf dir.conf mime.conf negotiation.conf reqtimeout.conf sysenv.conf
cache_disk.conf fcgid.conf mime_magic.conf php5.conf rpaf.conf userdir.conf

Regarding the log files: I would rather not post them to avoid information disclosure. But if you could assist me in locating the problem, I would be grateful (without posting log files).

Best wishes
onycro

Hi onycro,

to activate the extension "mod_rewrite" with apache 2.4, you would use the command

a2enmod rewrite

afterwards, please restart your webserver with "service apache2 restart".

To continue, please reconfigure your configuration files with

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

Hello UFHH01,

I've done everything that you've said and everything worked like a charm without an error. But still the error exists.

Regards
onycro

Hi onycro,

consider to change the webmail - software from horde to roundcube and test, if roundcube works. If it works, you certainly have the choice to re-change your webmail - software again back to horde and report each issue/problem you might have with the help of errors from logs please.

Back