1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Hosting (Domain has no hosting configured)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JibberX, Oct 20, 2005.

1. JibberX

JibberX Guest

Ok, so I've had Plesk 7.5.something on demo for a while, and I've recently plumbed for the 30 domain gig. Got the temp licence for I guessed 30 licences. So naturally I try and add one more domain, as I guess was my right.....

Hosting type *
    Physical hosting

Go throught the "Physical hosting setup page for domain"

Click "OK"

And I get:

I went back thinking this was an ugly error for not being able to add domains, so I deleted the initial one, and it does that same.

Have I gone mad? I've done nothing, and as such slightly concern/annoyed.

Help me please!

Oh and I've checked t'other threads and its not file permissions on bash et al. Also I'm Running Debian version.

2. LarryD

LarryD Guest

I found this post because I had the same problem today, and I noticed that it was from 11 days ago - but no replies with solutions were posted.

I have had Plesk 7.5.3 running on a virtual dedicated server for several months with a 100-domain pack but only using about a dozen.

No problems before with this, but now I can't add the physical hosting for a new domain, getting the same error message. If I try again, it says the user already exists. If I again try a new username, the cycle repeats itself.

Is there a post about a Plesk menu choice that resolves this problem?

3. scheinzwerg@

scheinzwerg@ Guest

The same problem occurs on my server after the upgrade from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4, also on Debian.

4. LarryD

LarryD Guest

My problem was eventually solved with a very basic solution; re-booting the server. I also created new unique ftp user IDs, and did not try to re-use any of the failed ftp user IDs. (Just being cautious)

5. scheinzwerg@

scheinzwerg@ Guest

Unfortunately, this wasn't enough for my case…

6. nveid

nveid Guest

any update on this? I have the same problem

7. scheinzwerg@

scheinzwerg@ Guest

We have reinstalled the system with Debian 3.1 sarge and after some problems, plesk runs now like a charm. I know, not really a solution...

8. nano@

nano@ Guest