• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hosting plan with subdomain

SauliusZ

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

Is it possible to create hosting plan offering creating subdomain? If it is, then how?
I am using CentOS 6, Plesk 11 and business manager.

If I understood you correct, Yes in the service plans you can give permissions to subscriptions to create subdomains, aliases and etc

Well, but can I have a hosting plan without offering domains?
For example the client selects a hosting plan and instead of offering to select a domain, I want to offer to select only a subdomain. So the client will have a hosting plan without buying a domain name.

Ofcourse it's possible ..again that also depends on your billing application!

Well, I am using Parallels "Customer & Business Manager 11.0.9". But if I choose "Domain name -> Not needed" in the hosting plan, it gives me warning: "The panel group 'PleskUnix' requires a domain name to be specified for this plan's subscriptions. Set domain name as required on the General tab of the plan settings page." and the plan can not be sold.

You need to instruct your customers to use some sort of "sub.domain.com" name. As long as proper resolving is configured by you, there is no real difference between hosting on purchased "domain.com" and free "sub.domain.com".

Back