• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hosting subscription expiry date

DaveKay

Regular Pleskian
I have a general hosting package service plan that has its validity set to 1 year. Basically, I transfered a handful of clients' hosting onto a Plesk VPS part-way through their yearly term.

These hosting packages need a custom renewal date, which I can setup through the customize subscription page. However, when doing this the subscriptions are locked for syncing. When unlocking and re-syncing, the renewal date reverts to 1 year from the subscription setup date. BTW, I am not using Business Manager as this is not installed on the VPS.

In Plesk 10, I was able to change the renewal date without locking the subscription for syncing.

Is this something that I can no longer do with Plesk 11? If so, is there a way of changing the subscription setup date in the psa database so the renewal date can be changed that way?

Hope my problem makes sense! If not, please ask, any help much appreciated!

Dave

I have the same problem after upgrading from 10.4 to 11.

I have customers that I have been hosting through this same Plesk installation since 2006. Since upgrading to version 11, I cannot sync their subscription without it reverting to an expiration date equal to 1 year from their setup date.

I also am not using Business Manager.

You need to keep the subscription LOCKED for the new date not to take effect after syncing ..

The subscription start time can be found in the PSA database table "domains".

By changing the date in the "cr_date" column, this will effectively change the subscription setup date.

To get Plesk to sync this change so the expiry date changes, you need to go into the subscription, select "Customize", make no changes, select "update & lock". Then select "unlock & sync". This will now change the expiry date to however long your subscriptions value is.

Not the most elegant way of customizing a subscription expiry date, but at least a workaround.

You will obviously lose the "real" setup date in this process, so if this information is important to you, I wouldn't use the above method!

I have the same problem after upgrading from 10.4 to 11.

I have customers that I have been hosting through this same Plesk installation since 2006. Since upgrading to version 11, I cannot sync their subscription without it reverting to an expiration date equal to 1 year from their setup date.

I also am not using Business Manager.

You should get a billing application like AWBS.com to manage the expiry dates for you ...

Yes, but most of my clients subscriptions are included with web design services that I offer. I manage most of the subscriptions on their behalf. I don't really have a reason to purchase a web host billing system as I don't really sell services to the public.

I handle the billing of my clients manually and require the ability to easily extend their subscriptions without spending more money!!

I really am surprised there is no way to do this with a "basic" implementation of Plesk 11.

Does anyone know of any open source billing systems that can be used for the purpose of "renewing" subscriptions as I shouldn't need to be editing the psa database to achieve this!

Is there any intend on Parallels part to fix this?
This is a major and annoying change that severely reduces the usability of Plesk.
Having to keep subscriptions locked so that the dates don't revert is impractical as it renders the concept of subscription plans pointless, since each subscription has to be updated manually.

If I was looking for manual configuration of my server I would not be using Plesk.

I've just had most of my clients' subscriptions suspended because I made a small change to subscription plan, so I had to go through EACH ONE, change the expiry date, lock, and activate.
Also the expiry dates that were associated with their accounts have been lost, so I'm not sure when they were supposed to expire in order to bill them.
This is costing me money in time, and potentially lost revenue, so I need to know if there is any plan to fix this.
If not I need to find a new control panel.

same peroblem, and makes a lot of trouble.
tis problem doesn't present himself to us until we have put online 11.0.9 Update #26, ad it make us a gazillion of problems. they have suspended customers subcriptions! and BEFORE of 11.0.9 this wasn't the way plesk worked!
we cannot think we have do run a script to change creation date every time, it makes the panel unusable by resellers!!!!!!

THIS IS A MAJOR BUG, PLEASE FIX IT!

For the last two posters - this is definitely not a bug. It is however, major functionality of a control panel that is missing.

We need to be able to extend hosting packages without locking a subscription! What's the point of using a control panel with the ability to synchronize hosting settings if we loose that ability after the first year - or however long the subscription lasts!

There needs to be a way of activating the legacy way of overriding the expiry dates and maintaining the ability to synch all other settings. Even if it's a server-wide setting!

For the last two posters - this is definitely not a bug. It is however, major functionality of a control panel that is missing.
sorry Dave, i'm not agree with you.
it can be a lack of a function if that function doesn't exist in previous version of the panel.
i've started using plesk still version 8.4 and i've constantly update the panel until now to version 11.0.9.
until version 11.0.9 we never seen this happening. we happily worked with our year-to-year renew of our customers. without having to do miracles with databases, loosing important data as the begin of the work with a customer or keeping locked a subscription, that make totally unuseful the plans.

the plesk structure is that from a long time: we have plans, we apply plans to customeres in subscriptions, when we change plans we can apply them to all customers by syncing their subscriptions, our customers can work wit us (we hope) for centuries, not for a single year.
and this BUG starts with a MINOR release, neither in passing from a major to another.
ok, maybe someone can have studied by "some major software and SO producer" that think that "it's not a bug, it's a feature" is something admisseable.
but this is NOT a feature. neither a missing functionality.
IT'S A BUG!
aka "something that have to work in a way and doesn't"

I hear what you're saying! But surely choosing to not include a certain functionality in a new software upgrade does not mean it is a bug!

Think about Windows 8! I've been getting used to using the start button for the last 20 years. Just because Microsoft have decided not to include it / change it in their new software release doesn't mean it's a bug! It's a pain in the arse!

A software bug is when something doesn't work as it should! It has to exist! If a certain functionality doesn't exist in a piece of software it's annoying and reduces the useability of it, but doesn't mean it's a bug!

Anyway, as we both want the return of the old way of handling subscription expiry dates, head over to this thread and show your interest!

http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=265285

Edit to add: There ARE ways out there to extend subscription expirys, but this includes installing/purchasing further software which we shouldn't have to do!

Last edited:
Dave, without this function the panel becomes unmanageable and doesn't fit anymore to his purpose.
deciding if it's a bug or a missing feature change the responsability of Parallels tu put the hands on it or not, isn't a minor thing.
you can make the start button disappear if you replace it with something else that take his function: Parallels hasn't do this, they have suppressed a major function and they says to us "ops, use a licensed software (that costs money) to do this. doesn't matter that you don't need it for other things, and that introduce a level of complexity that you don't want, or that making it work in your country is a pain in the ***"
that ISN'T a good way to work with your customers: in some country it's also a felony.
so i can only think that is a mistake, aka a bug.
because elsewhere, isn't a good thing...

I am seeing this issue

A time sink to fix. Going to complain to GoDaddy, I think they (Parallels People) need to hear it from their larger customers. From this thread their concern for this problem can be measured in Micro Givashits!

Last edited:
Same problem. very irritating modification. Parallels: please do not lose customers, fix this! Please give an option to renew a yearly plan year-by-year, it's very important! I think we need a very simple additional table, store subscription create date, start date (may not be identical) and yearly expirations.

Same problem. With 10.4 was only few subscriptions with expired date. But always helped this solution - extend subscription for one year. Lock subscription. After that unlock and sync. Subscription was unlocked and subscription extended for year. Now after upgrade to PP 11.0.9 there is more subscriptions with expiring date and locking unlocking not helps. If i do unlock and sync. Subscription returns to expired state. I'm using plesk with customer and business manager. In CBM subsriptions are extended, but plesk not extend them. And they are expiring. I have to lock more and more subscriptions.

As I see, half and plus of year passed, but no one from parallels commented about this problem??? WE NEED URGENT SOLUTION FOR THAT PROBLEM. Or for what we pay money???

Any way to update expiration date with out loking the account?
Cant belive i cant sell renewal of my hosting plans because plesk can hande such small feature!

Back