• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Subscription is locked and unsynced when the mail service is disabled

Talistech

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.49 Update #2
Hi Plesk forum,

We have this scenario where we're hosting websites and dns for clients but their mail is hosted somewhere else for example, gmail or hotmail. For this particular client we then disable the mail service. In the service plans, the mail service is enabled by default.

The issue is that when we disable the mail service, the subscription goes locked and unsynced. And then I have to unlock & sync again.

Is there any way I can disable the mail service per subscription without locking & unsyncing it?

I think one possible approach is to clone the service plan and then use the clone with the disabled mail setting to update existing subscriptions.
That's what I am doing as well. Have separate Service Plans with mail disabled for customers who a use external mail service.

Thank you for the workaround. For now it definitely helped me! But it's sad that I cannot choose to disable the mail service per client without completely attaching another service plan.

Thanks!

Back