• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Hostname not working

OliveF

New Pleskian
Hello!

Yesterday, my hostname (webp-se.atomicahosting.nu) worked. And now when I tried to visit it today it didn't work, it says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN, but ns1 and ns2 and normal atomicahosting.nu come to plesk auto page. I have the hostname as "webp-se.atomicahosting.nu". My domain "atomicahosting.nu" using the nameservers to cloudflare and I have:

Type-------Name------------------Value------------------TTL----------GREY/ORANGE CLOUD A----------webp-se----------185.213.24.250--------2 minutes-----------------GREY
A-------------*-----------------185.213.24.250----AUTOMATIC TTL-----------GREY
A---atomicahosting.nu-----185.213.24.250----AUTOMATIC TTL-----------GREY
A-----------ns1----------------185.213.24.250----AUTOMATIC TTL-----------GREY
A-----------ns2----------------185.213.24.250----AUTOMATIC TTL-----------GREY

Then I also have CNAME records for ftp, mail and www and the value is "in alias of atomicahosting.nu". And a MX record with name "atomicahosting.nu" and value "mail handled by atomicahosting.nu". CNAME and MX are Automatic TTL too.

My plesk DNS is here:

N9sSrqQ2OtvOHkvMveqlWg9ZSGlmA3qilEFKEGXB29NmKv4MVPN6-WhqblAUaxZCLYefBcXTCuhYI13uSZ5uhQkArnsP8ol99j2XkMSWm1-NuS8tLTiYTVxrj2XeGFXj_YwgoUyWIB8B-hTg8PGbvsXZU-NHVwJEamoU5DSecog4lxW3H66PwiING6_Vw_GUJdk-VoyPSoxnFsIZhjiQKVDwWFB5d-SsWXp0tK9OYnIR4sCSRMFv8R1yHkdT4HZy7w0lKMisEl8OEcwPVyzHyvFfBgQAb8UENvOvO_alrdmRXHBwXC3DQpfIXMSDD0Wejq4biJnehDgEyMGXdu4NtkKDBbwMMjii2557z5tJuPSE7BN435h9rwLvif8QzfI8ECbJBD-D9O0YxjarwhE9DaibXI6u7YeZJjXc_VHd-Ia80ktcUq6fFfuMsHeGT92gGm2TUQiABEOC8ILtt0IKm0_qK5octXo4q38svlLvF97eU_C9JSUW4KbKQDRbKyxmFDWO5FUU5rYjpjetjScWN67_-69jK2J2pGgIMkmNtdVRT_771h8D7JAmEFR8Veytq_sTit5OBFlNjsqiVsVFWsrRkRtNmmALI_uGli9OtmxQyoTKAtMyO4rbqphKBR8K8xQ9Wk6DzEFNh8UpSB4sbnvU9R8urbk=w1150-h551-no

I would be more than glad if someone knows what the problem is :)
Thanks!
/Oliver

Neither of webp-se.atomicahosting.nu, ns1.atomicahosting.nu or atomicahosting.nu resolve for me.

I can see that the domain is using alex.ns.cloudflare.com and mia.ns.cloudflare.com and if I query either of those servers directly, I do get the records, they are pointing to 185.213.24.250.

How long has it been since you've changed the DNS for the domain? I can see that the domain registration is quite new.

I've bought it for some days ago. But it workes yesterday. And I havent touched it since that. Now webp-se.atomicahosting.nu, ns1 and ns2 and normal atomicahosting.nu. But when I try to go to webp-se.atomicahosting.nu:8443 it says DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN. But webp-se.atomicahosting.nu without :8443 works...

When I do a query directly on your nameserver (185.213.24.250) for your domain atomicahosting.nu I get a query refused:

Code:
# dig @ns1.atomicahosting.nu atomicahosting.nu SOA

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-73.el7_6 <<>> @ns1.atomicahosting.nu atomicahosting.nu SOA
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 51179

So from the outside world it looks like your DNS server is not configured to host the zone "atomicahosting.nu".

Stupid question, but did you make sure that the DNS service for your domain atomicahosting.nu is really switched on in Plesk?

When I do a query directly on your nameserver (185.213.24.250) for your domain atomicahosting.nu I get a query refused:

Code:
# dig @ns1.atomicahosting.nu atomicahosting.nu SOA

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-73.el7_6 <<>> @ns1.atomicahosting.nu atomicahosting.nu SOA
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: REFUSED, id: 51179

So from the outside world it looks like your DNS server is not configured to host the zone "atomicahosting.nu".

Stupid question, but did you make sure that the DNS service for your domain atomicahosting.nu is really switched on in Plesk?

How do I see if I have activated dns service for my hostname? Cloudflare looks like this:
0mw_P4VHBjwTZvh0f55ZhU2IQN3n9QGgpmlHY8L64FcIyXEzgB7nzCK5ehu9fVQgN9Wg3WhuyuWqBCl2GORyjkNBphse7u2pHkchV59uI_AZSVXvWBMdiVeP7ngpN2WoVTrtG7HSDEr3b9tKQPz8dHo5BhFRytbG4sUi6rzTQdCl3MloKg8T3FY2cxtSEgDg6DahS1o4WIOErzCFqeopqtpR30Za3ZIoZQI9rzpGje6k94s25AY_CxPeLWJZrqD2Fa6lCbw3WnTf637oJD0yxELLFAJ7XcPxSRSyNAWnJwghz8OSW6A_Vg7Xixp0oeSvzwacystENtVWgkTSN0h6xoZoGS8KQxrvEHSK1eyK4rpXIi8XAeNhzMhkc7axUDfXwxdLW42kxsaAViuTqx043SNSXXFil_Qysmp6-p6nWSOhFoAWivDlOmzVUOfqTl-RZPmE1yRgOjeRMqe577bSwyf7mT8ntm5AKtsQWLK0E4u6pB9h5PF4NXg0YoTI0x5cbS0KqXb4k8GfI6kkel_RGMWQwiaIaNEYdcVh6VRhU78D7EgCRfWaLytkV4BvG3mpOkEhlyn2ItJj888K_jX8DME_jT72Tb4J5VZALzcEnocXCmOB1HElLjLZ10qHdXfGuV1igNiW-7iLoP42rM5vX657krZXkU0=w1366-h634-no

Last edited:
Can It work if I setup gluerecords at my register and then point the domain to the nameservers? ns1 and ns2.atomcahosting.nu

OK I think I found your issue. The DNS servers of the .nu TLD domain are delegating your domain atomicahosting.nu to "ns1.atomicahosting.nu" and "ns2.atomicahosting.nu" and not to the Cloudflare DNS servers:

And as ns1.atomicahosting.nu (or ns2.atomicahosting.nu) is not configured for the domain atomicahosting.nu you'll get a query refused.

So currently, your Cloudflare DNS entries have no effect on your domain.

Which leaves you with basically 2 options:

1) Make sure that the DNS service for atomicahosting.nu is enabled in Plesk (Domains => atomicahosting.nu => DNS service. If you see a "Enable" button there then it means that the DNS service is disabled).

2) Use Cloudflare DNS. In that case, make sure your registrar properly delegates your domain to the Cloudflare DNS servers mia.ns.cloudflare.com and alex.ns.cloudflare.com. Once this is done you can disable the DNS service for your domain in Plesk, as this service is not used in that case.

OK I think I found your issue. The DNS servers of the .nu TLD domain are delegating your domain atomicahosting.nu to "ns1.atomicahosting.nu" and "ns2.atomicahosting.nu" and not to the Cloudflare DNS servers:

And as ns1.atomicahosting.nu (or ns2.atomicahosting.nu) is not configured for the domain atomicahosting.nu you'll get a query refused.

So currently, your Cloudflare DNS entries have no effect on your domain.

Which leaves you with basically 2 options:

1) Make sure that the DNS service for atomicahosting.nu is enabled in Plesk (Domains => atomicahosting.nu => DNS service. If you see a "Enable" button there then it means that the DNS service is disabled).

2) Use Cloudflare DNS. In that case, make sure your registrar properly delegates your domain to the Cloudflare DNS servers mia.ns.cloudflare.com and alex.ns.cloudflare.com. Once this is done you can disable the DNS service for your domain in Plesk, as this service is not used in that case.

Now its not working again. I havent changed anything. It worked some hours ago.
My domain registrar have glue records on ns1 and ns2.atomicahosting.nu pointing to 185.213.24.250. And my hostname is set to webp-se.atomicahosting.nu. But I get DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN now out of nowhere.
I also have atomicahosting.nu as a domain i Plesk on my own customer account. The DNS is as the normal template...

Last edited:
Back