• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I access the mailbox with the IP Address?

CobraArbok

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.59 Update #2
On Plesk there is a domain on which a mailbox is configured and used for over a year both as Webmail and with Thunderbird.
The domain has been transferred elsewhere and now I have to transfer the contents of the mailbox too.
The Plesk server is always accessible, but obviously the mailbox is no longer accessible using the domain, for example via Webmail with Roundcube, nor with Thunderbird using the mail parameters that match.
The only way I know is to use the server's IP address.
I don't know if there is any other way to transfer mail.

I think you would be better off using your servers hostname as an email host server to connect to. Because the hostname is secured with a valid SSL certificate and the IP is not.

I think you would be better off using your servers hostname as an email host server to connect to. Because the hostname is secured with a valid SSL certificate and the IP is not.
I cannot have two different logins with the same hostname.
If possible, I haven't understood how to access the [email protected] email which is on both server1 and server2 when both have the imap.example.com configuration with the same username and password.

You can still access the same mailbox on the 'old' server with the 'old' username and password. You can test this by using the webmail URL of a different domain on the server, but using the old login name (email address) and password of the mailbox you want to access.

If you want to access the mailbox on the old server with Thunderbird don't use imap.example.com as the email host, but use the host name of the server instead.

You can still access the same mailbox on the 'old' server with the 'old' username and password. You can test this by using the webmail URL of a different domain on the server, but using the old login name (email address) and password of the mailbox you want to access.

If you want to access the mailbox on the old server with Thunderbird don't use imap.example.com as the email host, but use the host name of the server instead.
Thanks, I didn't know I could use a different domain.
Even with Thunderbird I now have double access, but the copy only worked partially.
I copied a folder from the old server to the new one and it also created subfolders, but without any emails.
Do I have to copy folder by folder? There are dozens of them.

Back