• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can I change the AWstats password?

AlisonP

New Pleskian
Background:
After migrating a domain the statistics for the domain stopped being taken. The client can still see the statistics page but this only shows data for up to the date of migration.
I went to the service plan for this and ticked the box that says "accessible via password protected directory '/plesk-stat/webstat/' " but then the client cannot get into the stats with any of his passwords.
Previously that box had been unticked, but the stats still worked and he never had to enter a password to view it.

Question:
Is there a way of changing the password or making it so that it doesn't ask him when he goes in via his control panel?

I looked for a .htpasswd in the directory but that doesn't seem to be what plesk was using to secure the directory.

(Apologies if this has been mentioned or resolved elsewhere but my searches didn't provide any similar cases or solutions)

UPDATE:
I have found 2 files - /usr/local/psa/etc/awstats/awstats.domainname.com-http.conf
and /usr/local/psa/etc/awstats/awstats.domainname.com-https.conf
These contain lines like AllowAccessFromWebToFollowingAuthenticatedUsers="" , apparently AWstats normally uses htaccess so it's possible that I've been looking in the wrong places for that. If not may be able to use the lines in the configuration files I found.

Last edited:
The /plesk-stat password normally is the same as the FTP password.

To remove the password protection, look in the Websites & Domains tab > Password-protected Directories (in the Advanced Operations group).
Here you can remove the password protection from the /plesk-stat directory.

After leaving this on for a while, the clients stats have still not updated.
Is it possible that something needs putting in cron that hasn't been for whatever reason?
I'm now going to look through some error logs and see if I can find a reason

Back