• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I get my uploaded database backup file to where it can be restored into my empty database?

clayshannon

New Pleskian
Following the instructions here, I was able to get my zipped database SQL Server backup file (.bak) uploaded to the Files area:

bakzipUploadedToFileManagerHomeDir.png

The database and its tables do exist, but they are currently empty:

tablesEmpty.png

So how can I get get the database file (uploaded to the Plesk Files area) to populate my tables? Where do I need to move the zipped .bak file (and extract it) so that it will be found or I can access it from either the Plesk "My Little Admin" or from SSMS, or...? It kind of boggles my mind that I wasn't provided with step-by-step instructions on how to upload my database by GoDaddy when I signed up.

The file can be imported from any location inside your subscription by the "Import Dump" icon in the Plesk database panel.

I might need some more specific instructions, with step-by-steps and screenshots.

I tried the second link at that link you provided, which starts off by saying, "To configure backup settings for a remote Microsoft SQL Server:
Go to Tools & Settings > Database Servers and click the required remote Microsoft SQL Server name."

...but Plesk has no "Tools & Settings" menu or tab that I can see (as shown by my screenshot in the original question above).

I do have a connection to my database stored on your servers, which I can see in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, and theoretically I should be able to do a "Restore" on those empty tables from my .bak file, but nothing I try in my attempts to do that has worked. To provide you with more details, I went into some detail about this on a question here.

Last edited:
I think you will need to speak to your provider. Your screen looks like a subscription account, but not an admin account.

Yes, I think it is a subscription account. So how am I supposed to upload my database if I don't have admin credentials over my own database? I'm afraid I might have to demand a refund from GoDaddy and go with a hosting service with more user-friendly setup processes. BTW, I realize Plesk is not GoDaddy, but a service that GoDaddy points to, so it's not "your fault."

No my fault anyway, cause I am a user like you ;). Maybe GoDaddy has a solution to the issue?

Have you tried to upload it through myLittleAdmin? You might need to upload it through the browser there, but it might be an option.

Back