• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can I upgrade the PSA database tables?

D

DanielVF

How do I go about upgrading just the psa database tables?

I had a server hardware failure.

The hosting company elected to give us a new box, with a newer version of plesk on it, and reattach the old hard drive as secondary drive. To get our customers up and running as fast as possible, I copied over /var/www/vhosts, /var/named, /var/qmail, /var/lib/mysql and few files in /etc. At this point the box is serving websites, dns, and email.

What we don't have is Plesk working. Since the old psa database was for plesk 8.6.0, and the new server is running plesk 9.2.3, the mysql psa tables need upgrading. How do I go about upgrading these tables?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure that it is possible manually. Do not understand why you did not perform normal Plesk upgrade procedure?

We didn't upgrade, because when we got the new server with the new version of plesk, the old server, with the old version of plesk was already dead.

Can I just run the upgrade process on the new server, even though it already contains the latest RPM's etc? In this case will it just bring the database up to date? What command would I run?

Look at output of following commands:

# rpm -ql psa | grep sql
# /usr/local/psa/bin/mysql41upgrade --help

Not sure but maybe it will help.

Thanks! Looks like the SQL statements that I need to run are here:

/usr/local/psa/etc/db/psa_db_upgrade_860.sql
/usr/local/psa/etc/db/psa_db_upgrade_900.sql
/usr/local/psa/etc/db/psa_db_upgrade_920.sql

Back