• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How Can We Customize Autodiscover Settings?

G J Piper

Regular Pleskian
I have the AutoDiscover turned on for my server and domains, but I need to customize it a bit.
I need to know where the files are located on the server that are used when it is served to clients?

ie: Some HTTP or PHP or XML file is used when the output of this is served:
Code:
https://anydomain.ext/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

Can anyone tell me where these are served from on the server?

Found them! Modifying them does affect the output of all AutoDiscover and AutoConfig settings. Unless there is another place to put these files to override the default settings, the files will have to be modified every time there is a Plesk update I assume. Off to create a script to do it daily. ;-)

Code:
ls -lha /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/mailconfig/
total 12K
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root  824 Oct 24 12:37 autoconfig.xml
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1.2K Oct 24 12:32 autodiscover.xml
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1.9K Oct 18 05:00 index.php

This is getting tedious having to re-modify the AutoDiscover files every time there is a Plesk update. I've created a script to do it, but this really should be in the GUI since it is easily changed globally just by modifying a few text files. Please vote for this feature here:

Change settings for mail autodiscover

We need to be able to specify the hostname prefix (like mail.domain.com) as well as the preferred email server type (IMAP or POP) for AutoDiscover output.

Back