• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I change the web adress of domain adiministration

S

suncore

Hy!

I recently installed plesk 7.5 under a dedicated server. When I type my domain name let's say www.domain.com:8443 is giving me the link to the name of the server. I want that to be hidden and all the users on which I'm hosting their domain names to be forwarded to www.admindomain.com:8443

Thanks!

Change the hostname of the server in the Plesk GUI and create the appropriate DNS records.

1. Put your admindomain.com onto it's own exlusive IP address.

2. Reconfigure the file /usr/local/psa/admin/conf/httpsd.conf and modify the line "Listen 8443" to "Listen xx.yy.zz.aa:8443" where xx.yy.zz.aa is the exclusive IP address for admindomain.com

3. Restart everything.

What this has done is configured the Plesk version of Apache to only respond to port 8443 on that one IP address, which is now only used for your admindomain.com

If you only have a single IP, then you will need to get another. This may not be the 'only' way, but IMO is the cleanest and simplest way.

Edit: just re-read your post more closely. These instructions should still work in your situation, if I understood things correctly. Since you have a dedicated server, if your domain.com is the same as 'admindomain.com', then eWebtricity is correct, you should change the server's hostname to your admindomain.com

THX!

It worked like a charm. Thank you for the help guys!

Back