• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I create a hosting account?

torwill

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

These might be basic/dumb questions, but I just set up my Win2003 server with Plesk 7 for Windows. I've read through the manual. But are still not clear about these.

(1) How should I create a hosting account for my customer? Do I have to create an "Client" in Plesk first, then setup "Domain"? Or do I simply create a "Client" for myself, then create a "Domain" for each customer?

(2) Do I have to purchase/install MailEnablePro? What are the advantages besides the added features?

(3) I've tried to setup "domain template", but "Mail box quota" and "Total mail box quota" settings doesn't seem to stay. After editing the settings, save, and come back to the template, settings are empty with "unlimited" checked.

(4) Does each customer get to choose whether to enable "anti-Virus" and "anti-Spam" for their account?

(5) Where can I edit the settings for Dr.Web?

(6) In domain template, what's the difference between "Disk Space" and "Hard disk quota"?

(7) After a "Client" is created, how do I edit "Total mailboxes quota"? which is greyed out.

(8) When Plesk for Windows 7.5 released, can I upgrade from 7.0.3 to 7.5 free of charge?

(9) How could I enable "folder" support for Horde webmail? (MailEnablePro installed).

Thank you!!

I would also like to know how to edit the Dr Web settings when you have installed 7.03... but no answers as yet.

With regards to creating a hosting account, yes you need to firstly create a 'client' then you can create the domains you wish this client to manage.

As far as I know you can upload from version 7.02 (or 7.03) to the 7.05 when it is released free of charge. Am I right in thinking that we get 1 year of updates for free?

Regards

Back