• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I enable SSL for Shared Hosting

bskrakes

Basic Pleskian
Hi all,

So I see that Plesk 8.6 has been released - will upgrade to that shortly. In the mean time I am currently using 8.4 and I need to know if its possible and if so how to implement SSL on certain shared hosting accounts????

I have done some research and it looks like SSL requires a dedicated IP address, is this true? If so how can a shared hosting provider provide SSL with only a primary and secondary DNS (two IP's only)? In my case I have one static IP (home based hosting) and need to provide an SSL connection for my clients site.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advanced.

Cheers,

Can I enable SSL for webmail on Plesk for Linux

Fair enough, I figured that it wouldn't make sense and that you would most likely need a dedicated IP.

As a shared hosting provider can I enable SSL for webmail? My thoughts would be that the user(s)/client(s) would share an one global SSL certificate for the webmail..... I would like to have secure e-mail via the web rather that straight plain text.

Thanks,

Back