• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I give access to a client?

J

JVRudnick

seems like I now need to give access to Plesk to a client.

I want them to be able to login via the Plesk login, and then administer their site, completely.

How do I do that?

Or....just thinking. as I've made this domain under my own CLIENT area....

Do i have to delete it and then ADD a new client and then make that domain under that client -- then give the access logins to the client?

IF so, how do I get same?

;-(

Jim

if they have just one domain, they can administer their site completely if you allow them in the limits page.

if you want them to have their own client account, you can make one for them and move the domain to them using the command line utilities. check the plesk documentation for advanced tasks.

Hello Again Jim,

What you need to do is grand them access as a "Web User"

This can be done from within Plesk, under their domain

By default, web user is turned off, so turn it on and set them a password

They will then be able to login from the main plesk login page the same as you do, the difference being they will login with the domain name as their Login, and not "admin" like you would use

Have a good day!

Mike DeRosa
Senior Network Admin
www.NetworxHosting.com
[email protected]

thanks Mike

this forum doesn't get much traffic...so I got the same answer already from another...

but yup, did that, and it works fine!

:)

Jim

PS how's things at work?

No problem Jim,

Next time you may want to post your resolution in your thread even if noone answered to it, as it helps others who search the forum in the future as well :)

As for thinks at work, very good, busy as usual!

Take care!

- Mike

Originally posted by networxhosting
Hello Again Jim,

What you need to do is grand them access as a "Web User"

This can be done from within Plesk, under their domain

By default, web user is turned off, so turn it on and set them a password

They will then be able to login from the main plesk login page the same as you do, the difference being they will login with the domain name as their Login, and not "admin" like you would use

This is a good example of one of those things that's perfectly obvious to those of you using Plesk for a long time, but difficult to find for us Plesk newbies. Would it have been too hard to include this bit of info in the online help accessible from the appropriate control panel page!? :rolleyes:

Brandon

Back