• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I password protect a subdomain with Plesk7 Reloaded?

G

greensun

I have figured out how to password protect my domain (www.domain.com).

I have not been able to figure out how to password protect my subdomain (thisone.domain.com). Could some one tell me how this is done? It is probably obvious, but I couldn't find it in a search.

Thanks.

For reference, you can't.

Anyone trying this is out of luck. Subdomains do not get the priviledge of password protection.

There is a business reason probably. Why not allow this?

Originally posted by greensun
I have figured out how to password protect my domain (www.domain.com).

I have not been able to figure out how to password protect my subdomain (thisone.domain.com). Could some one tell me how this is done? It is probably obvious, but I couldn't find it in a search.

Thanks.

hmm Plesk7 Reloaded is unix, I thing your in the wrong forum ;)

Wrong Forum

Yup. I noticed after I posted the first time. Can this be moved?

I think it would be good to keep as reference, because the answer is completely buried and not in any Plesk manuals.

he did also not read the manual. it is actually similar as in in plesk windows version.

plesk panel >domains>File Manager under Permission you can set like rwx rrr r-x

Would it help that I am on the client side of the equation. I've looked in the documents, and haven't found out how to protect a subdomain.

Also I would like to read where in the manual this information is. I have read quite a bit of Plesk documentation trying to find the answer. Most of Plesk is intuitive...this one doesn't seem to be.

I found what civiviani is referring to in my Plesk CP, but honestly don't know what "rwx" or "r-w" or "rrr" are. Could someone explain them?

My subdomain is set to rwx r-x r-x and my main domain's httpdocs is rwx r-x ---.

Thanks. I have temporarily solved the problem by eliminating my subdomain for now, but I would to figure out how to protect each subdomain with a different login and password.

Maybe my screen name should be greenhorn.

what cvivani mean is that you disallow read writes, then plesk will pop up a login instead, and if you login with your ftp credentials you will see the subdomain

Back