• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How do I remove the default MSSQL server?

JM Tech

New Pleskian
I offer MySQL databases and was exploring also offering MSSQL databases so I installed MSSQL 2016 through Plesk and added in the MSSQL database server as the default MSSQL database server. I have since decided not to offer MSSQL databases so have followed the instructions to remove MSSQL - which I have done successfully, but I can't remove the Database for the list of databases. It doesn't let me select it (I presume because it's the default).

This is annoying because it appears in the dropdown of database servers when I go to make a database - even though the server doesn't exist any more.

plesk repair mssql -connection only tells me that it can't connect - it doesn't repair it by removing the database server.

.I think that you need to remove records in Plesk database. Please go to Plesk database with

plesk db

and explore tables DatabaseServers, data_bases, db_users. You need to find id of needed database server and use it for finding out all related records in data_bases, db_users for removing.
Contact Plesk Support Team if you are not familiar with SQL.

Back