• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[How do I] Transfer accounts from linux to windows?

I

IJsselMedia

Hello there.

The situation is as following:

For over a year now we have a linux server with Server4you in the USA. There are a lot of accounts on this server and its starting to get very slow, and crashes every now and then. Not a healthy situation for us and our costumers.

We also have a windows server with Server4you in Germany. Is almost always online, never had any problems with it. I'm not saying Linux is bad or something, its just we have better experience with Windows than with Linux (also our technical knowledge is better with Windows then with Linux).

So now we want to transfer a lot of our hosting accounts to our windows server in Germany. My question is how to do this properly and the fastest and easiest way.

Will doing a mysql dump of the Plesk database do or even possible? Problem is we need to get all the passwords etc to Germany too.

Both servers are running Plesk 7.5 Reloaded.

Can you give us some help or a direction?
If you need more information, just ask for it.

Thanks in advance.

Back