1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do you turn off mail on individual domains

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by Steven1st, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Steven1st

Steven1st New Pleskian

35%
    I have a customer that has his mail on another server. At the moment all his contact form mail is staying on my server.

In Plesk 8 I could just turn off mail services on each domain and this would fix the problem but I can't see this option in Plesk 11.

Anyone know how to do it? Does it have to be in its own webspace?

2. MislavO

MislavO Regular Pleskian

85%
    If emails are staying on your server, then records point to your server and e-mail adresses are created within your Plesk (e.g. default DNS template with your server records).

You can also point records to another server where he want/have e-mails or you can turn off mail service on domain by clicking in control panel on Mail -> Change Settings -> Activate mail service on domain (uncheck).

I hope this helps.

3. Thorsten101

Thorsten101 Guest

Go to "Websites & Domains"

Click on the domain

then "Settings"

4. Steven1st

Steven1st New Pleskian

35%
    Are you both using plesk 11? In plesk 8 I can follow those instructions but in plesk 11 there does not seem to be indiviual mail settings per domain. I think its only per webspace or am I incorrect?

5. Thorsten101

Thorsten101 Guest

Yes, Plesk 11

Choose the "webspace" at the top of the screen

Then, click on "Websites & Domains" at the top, you will see a list of the domains at the bottom

Click on the domain, you will see a screen titled "Domain alias mydomain.com"

Click on "Settings"

6. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Steven, am not sure what your question is exactly but if I understood it, I can switch of mail services very easily by going to Subscriptions -> click on the subscription-> Mail Tab -> Settings ...

Alternatively, you can switch of mail services of a domain name through CLI by the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update-service <domain.com> -status disabled

for more about it:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help

7. Steven1st

Steven1st New Pleskian

35%
    Thanks the line /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update-service <domain.com> -status disabled

seems to have worked.

I don't have the link Subscriptions -> click on the subscription-> Mail Tab -> Settings. How do you get to subscriptions?

I don't have the link "Settings" once I have clicked on the relevant domain name. It just has "General" and "PHP Setting" links. I am logged in as root so I would have thought I would be able to see everything?

8. abdi

abdi Platinum Pleskian

18%
    Yeah you should see everything. Did you enable Power Mode?