• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do you turn off mail on individual domains

Steven1st

New Pleskian
I have a customer that has his mail on another server. At the moment all his contact form mail is staying on my server.

In Plesk 8 I could just turn off mail services on each domain and this would fix the problem but I can't see this option in Plesk 11.

Anyone know how to do it? Does it have to be in its own webspace?

I have a customer that has his mail on another server. At the moment all his contact form mail is staying on my server.

In Plesk 8 I could just turn off mail services on each domain and this would fix the problem but I can't see this option in Plesk 11.

Anyone know how to do it? Does it have to be in its own webspace?

If emails are staying on your server, then records point to your server and e-mail adresses are created within your Plesk (e.g. default DNS template with your server records).

You can also point records to another server where he want/have e-mails or you can turn off mail service on domain by clicking in control panel on Mail -> Change Settings -> Activate mail service on domain (uncheck).

I hope this helps.

turn off mail services on each domain and this would fix the problem but I can't see this option in Plesk 11.

Go to "Websites & Domains"

Click on the domain

then "Settings"

Are you both using plesk 11? In plesk 8 I can follow those instructions but in plesk 11 there does not seem to be indiviual mail settings per domain. I think its only per webspace or am I incorrect?

Yes, Plesk 11

Choose the "webspace" at the top of the screen

Then, click on "Websites & Domains" at the top, you will see a list of the domains at the bottom

Click on the domain, you will see a screen titled "Domain alias mydomain.com"

Click on "Settings"

Are you both using plesk 11? In plesk 8 I can follow those instructions but in plesk 11 there does not seem to be indiviual mail settings per domain. I think its only per webspace or am I incorrect?

Steven, am not sure what your question is exactly but if I understood it, I can switch of mail services very easily by going to Subscriptions -> click on the subscription-> Mail Tab -> Settings ...

Alternatively, you can switch of mail services of a domain name through CLI by the command:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update-service <domain.com> -status disabled

for more about it:

/usr/local/psa/bin/mail --help

Thanks the line /usr/local/psa/bin/mail --update-service <domain.com> -status disabled

seems to have worked.

I don't have the link Subscriptions -> click on the subscription-> Mail Tab -> Settings. How do you get to subscriptions?

Yes, Plesk 11

Choose the "webspace" at the top of the screen

Then, click on "Websites & Domains" at the top, you will see a list of the domains at the bottom

Click on the domain, you will see a screen titled "Domain alias mydomain.com"

Click on "Settings"

I don't have the link "Settings" once I have clicked on the relevant domain name. It just has "General" and "PHP Setting" links. I am logged in as root so I would have thought I would be able to see everything?

Back