• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How does Plesk API send data about new email accounts?

F

floatingworld

How does Plesk create email accounts? Can the Plesk API "send" data about the username and password of new accounts to an external script? I am asking this because we want to use a spam filtering system that our parent company has designed, and we want make it interface with Qmail/Plesk.

You can set the event manager to do this kind of stuff.

Event Types available:
Mail account Created
Mail account Updated
Mail account Deleted

You can setup a script such as /tmp/showenv.sh

Code:
#!/bin/bash
set
exit 0

and set the event manager to call this script in a fashion like:
Code:
/tmp/showenv.sh > /tmp/vars.log

This will show you all the environment variables that are available to you. At that time if there is something that you need that you dont have, you can directly query the PSA MySQL databse to lookup anything else.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#Get LoginPW for Plesk DB
admin_pwd=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow`

#In this example, NEW_DOMAIN_NAME is part of the environemnt from the event
#Get the Domain Name's owner from MySQL based on the odmain name
mysql="mysql -N -B -uadmin -p$admin_pwd psa"
query="SELECT c.login from clients c, domains d where c.id=d.cl_id AND d.displayName='$NEW_DOMAIN_NAME'"
CLIENT_LOGIN=`echo "$query"|$mysql`

#You now have their plesk LoginID in the $CLIENT_LOGIN variable

That was just a very basic example, ubt you can basically get almost anything with that kind of combined approach.

What I do is I use the event manager to call a SH script which invokes a PHP script becuase I want to tie in THEIR API with OUR corporate API so when domains are created, passwords updated, databases, etc we can keep track in our database as well for our billing and usage calculations - and calling an external source API is easier for me in php, but I had to use a SH script to call the php as it didnt work directly calling the php from the event manager for some reason.

I dont see why you couldnt do something similar here

Back