• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How does Plesk protect directories?

ramasaig

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3
I know I can protect directories with Plesk, I have done so. I am familiar (but not expert) with ways of protecting directories using .htaccess, but having protected a directory with Plesk I cannot see anything relevant to that in .htaccess. I assume it must be done some other way?
I'm looking into this because I would like (if possible) to set up a cookie or some other means to enter the Username and password automatically on my computer when I load pages from the protected directory. Plesk insists that the password is 'strong' (i.e. not memorable), and it's a pain to have to copy and paste it every day. My password manager (LastPass) doesn't seem able to fill the form that pops up when the page is loaded.

I assume it must be done some other way?
Related record for the password-protected directory is created in protected_dirs table of the Plesk database. User and password for this directory correspondingly are created in pd_users and accounts tables.

Thank you. Doesn't look as if I'd be able to extract that info and fill the login. I'll look for another solution.

Back