• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Pwd Protected Dir Pop-Up from Copy Files (Wptoolkit)

Aethem

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello Supporter,

I‘m new to plesk and have some issues by using the copy files function via the wptoolkit.

Situation:

I have two wordpress domains

domain.com (no pwd dir)
staging.domain.com (password protected directory „/„)

After I copied the wordpress from staging.domain.com to domain.com.

I received the staging.domain.com pop-up if I open domain.com.

It‘s possible to click abort and continue on th website.com

Is wptoolkit\copyfiles creating a htaccess in the background and it‘s copied as well?

Many thanks for your reply

After you copied the files, did you update the database that Wordpress uses, and did you also update the "home" and "siteurl" URLs in the options table of that database to reflect your new URL of the new website?

Hello Peter,

no i didn't.

Now it's solved. Thank you so much.

I just watched on the webspace size of both domains.

Do you know, why the source "subdomain" is quite less then the top-level domain?

staging.domain.com
Subdomain-Website 9.3 MB
domain.com
Webseite 757.3 MB

The issue regarding a wrong disk space usage segment display is related to the way this is calculated. As far as I remember the reason why this was never fixed so far is that an exact calculation would use too much cpu resources during nightly maintenance.

As a workaround you can run any "du" command on the Linux shell to determine the real disk space usage of the subdomain's directory, like du -csh ./<subdomain directory>.

Back