• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question how fast can Plesk add in features to access OpenAI via API

larryk

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
This AI framework directly connects with WP Engine for WordPress; it would be awesome if Plesk could also build this.

take a look:

Hi @larryk , I looked into the product. Could you please give more details what you'd expect Plesk to do with it or for it? The product seems to be a framework to query OpenAI from JavaScript or PHP, but where should such a feature put into Plesk, what would it do in Plesk?

Hi, and thanks :)
1) I didn't access their WP integration, but assuming this:
a) the UI allows you to enter your own API key
b) the framework is already included, installed, etc.
c) you can easily write the PHP code that when you run it, it just works.

as of right now, I'm working to get a framework installed/working on my own computer... which has been a problem for various reasons.
all in theory, are not a problem, but for me... it is :)

Ultimately, I can write PHP easily, BUT getting the system installed/ready/able to run the framework PHP code is always more difficult than it should be.

My idea for what Plesk could do, is make the "underlying" details... NOT be an issue for people.
where you simply install an extension, etc. and all the "setup" is done for you.

something like: click button/install extension... AND INSTANTLY, you can write the simple lines of PHP to access openAI API is "just working" without you having to get all the code installed/setup/working/etc. etc.

It does sound interesting, and AI for sure is the thing of the future, but we also need to see that Plesk is a control panel for web, mail and database server software. Maybe you can suggest to Tectalic that they develop an extension for Plesk so that their product integrates with web hosting on Plesk servers? We do offer a free API where companies like them can develop extensions to integrate their products.

Back