• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How is Plesk 10.3????

NeuroPsyche

Regular Pleskian
I'm curious to know how many admin upgraded their Plesk CP to 10.3?
And if so how many of you had issues... And what were they?

I'm very anxious to upgrade but reluctant to do so after failed upgrades on each release ... Installs failed for me and broke our Plesk servers from 9>10, 10.0.1 > 10.1, 10.1 > 10.2...

We're stable and functional @ 10.2 but would love to have the long awaited functionality of the new Sitebuilder modules that 10.3 contains...

Possibly with a little feedback from admin users that did the upgrade to 10.3 others would be able to determine if they want to do so also.

Thanks!

I would say wait for the upgrade. We have done it in one of the servers and there are many problems. Initially we have some problems during the upgrade. Now we have problems during the customer creation.

So, I would say you should wait for something more stable.

Regards,
Praveen.
http://www.happy-hosting.com

I posted a question on this forum regarding the 10.3 upgrade but it seems as if no one really cares on information exchange... no one responded back, except for you. Thanks...

As to the 10.3, I installed it, crashed my one Plesk servers, then called Parallels tech support, the tech said it was still in BETA, but I guess he was wrong as other techs are saying that it was released just parallels.com not updated to show it was released. No one on this forum or any forum I wrote on Parallels Forums wrote back, not even once on their experiences except those that are posting their problems with 10.3 and are stuck.

As I mentioned, I did do the upgrade to 10.3, but after it failed and broke a server(more less) I simply restored the backup. I always backup before doing any upgrades. I have too much to loose with two Plesk servers and over 3k customers between the two. I usually use one server just as a test anyway to make sure I don't have any outages. I never upgrade on a production unless the test server works flawlessly....

Thank you again for writing and if you ever want to exchange info feel free to IM me...

Thank you again for writing and exchanging your experiences. This forum

I would request you to stay away from parallels products. Its not just plesk that doesn't have support. They are not concerned about providing good support for their products.

Actually we are planning to move away from plesk. We are looking at the enkompass by cpanel. Actually cpanel is a very good company.

To Parallels Management:

If you really want to see your products grow, I think you should sell parallels to some good companies like cpanel.

We've used Plesk for over 10 years and are pretty well happy with the software. As to support, yes, it does lack support but price vs. capability isn't there in cPanel. I've checked and will continue to check other hosting packages but Plesk is always more bang for the buck. If one can compensate for what they lack it is quite a good package. I think they should actually raise their prices, make Sitebuilder once again a standalone package that one has to pay for, as it was previously. Possibly if they got more money for their software they'd have the people to support it. The price is just way to low. Compared to cPanel that charges almost monthly the same price Plesk is, there's no way to compare apples for apples, and bang for the buck...
We'll keep with Plesk... a few little bugs like this won't knock us offline one second...
I really do understand your frustration though... They way I get around it is make sure you backup so you can restore if something goes wrong, and be patient and watch forum calm down. Once it's calm most likely Parallels will have released the needed fixes...

Hmm. They should improve their support to stay in the market.

Praveen KV:
I would say wait for the upgrade. We have done it in one of the servers and there are many problems. Initially we have some problems during the upgrade. Now we have problems during the customer creation.
Have you reported about these problems to us? What issues do you have exactly?

If you use Simple DNS by any chance.... then DON'T UPGRADE

We have upgraded and found Simple DNS is dead. Contacted support and got told that Simple DNS is not supported in 10.3.

Plesk has done it this time and we are moving on.

Back