• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How long does Plesk Migrator need?

daanse

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
just in Case, i want to ask if i can estimate the Time of Migration?

Old Server:
12.0.18 Update #50
232 GB Data
subscriptions & customers 63
Serviceplans 7

New Server is
12.5.30 Update #48
new Migrator Update =)

Hm, don't know what to say else. Are there some experience on how much time i need to take care of?

So many different factors affect it. It is unlikely that anyone will give an accurate estimate.

mh. Okay, i wont be a few hours.
Maybe a Day? Hard to plan that, because i want to know when i can switch 300 Domains to new Server. hmm

With the latest plesk migrator version you can resync individual domains after the initial full server migration.
Just check you have the latest version of the plesk migration in: Tools & Settings > Updates and Upgrades

I would like to ask a question about the resync that would also help daanse:

If i resync domains after the initial migration, does this use rsync? - http://ss64.com/bash/rsync.html
I think I have heard that rsync will only transfer files that are newer than the destination files? Is this true?

If this is the case then you would be able to do a second resync by clicking into the previously run migration (that should be listed in Tools & Settings > Migration & Transfer Manager as a row that you can click (under the Host column)) and this should only transfer files that are newer from the source server?

This is what i hope happens!

If any one can clarify this then i think this would help myself and daanse with our migrations.

Thanks.

It indeed does use rsync ;-)

Code:
/usr/bin/rsync -a -e ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/XXXXXXXX/target-server/ssh-keys/id_dsa.<IP> -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no --exclude maildirsize --exclude .qmail* --exclude @attachments/ root@<IP>:/var/qmail/mailnames/<DOMAIN>/<MAILBOX>/ /var/qmail/mailnames/<DOMAIN>/<MAILBOX>/

I believe it does the same for webspaces.

I so love these new migration tools!!! :)
Kudos to the entire team.

We used to do this by hand, rsyncing stuff after initial test migration.

Back