• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How restore database from frm and myd files

mirazbira

New Pleskian
Hello I would like consult simple way to restore single database from .myd and .frm files. The situation is I have several webs and databases on Centos. I accidentally deleted the database for one site. I have centos disk backup some days old. So I recreate the mysql database and simple copied mysql folder from disc backup into "var/lib/mysql/web1" folder. But this does not work, it works with old db data. The problem is I can not restore whole server (other sites have newer updates) but only single database for this one web. Thanks for your tips, where to look.

You can download your Plesk backup .tar file and manually untar it. You'll find a database .tar inside the clients structure in the full backup file. So you can create an empty database and import that file separately without using the Plesk backup utility.

You can download your Plesk backup .tar file and manually untar it. You'll find a database .tar inside the clients structure in the full backup file. So you can create an empty database and import that file separately without using the Plesk backup utility.N

Thanks for response. Not sure if I understand. I havent got Plesk backup, but whole server disk backup (some days old). Backing up of site is made separately with Joomla Akeeba (it is old several month). I have tried to restore web from this old Akeeba Backup and then simple rewrite files in "var/lib/mysql/web1" folder. I have thought I will only rewrite these files in folder, but i gives me mod_fcgi session error. Lets say I have almost actual backup of files but need to import newer database. Database files are in .frm and .myd files and ibdata in disc backup. It is little bit complicated for me at this moment to solve. My experinces are on the level of import dump files, this is new situation for me. Exist any way to export these file to simple sql dump :) ?

In the event that you don't have a Plesk backup of the database in your disk image, this stackoverflow post might help you get started.
Yes it is ! Thank your for the link. Sollution for me was in the article. Install XAMPP, create the new empty database with the same name, copy these files into the database folder (frm,myd, ibdata...). Then start PhpMyAdmin on localhost, list database and export dump file. And import on live server. Guys thank you for your help and time !

Back