• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question how to activate the php mail() function, it doesn't work for me

gianoaa

New Pleskian
How can I make it work, I have my query with php mail() to send emails, password recovery, but here it does not send me anything. What steps do I need to follow to make it work?

Can you find out more on the reason by checking /var/log/maillog (/var/log/mail.log on some systems)?

Can you find out more on the reason by checking /var/log/maillog (/var/log/mail.log on some systems)?
[07-Mar-2023 07:49:01 UTC] PHP Warning: mail(): SMTP server response: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address. Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server. in D:\Inetpub\vhosts\minfighterclassic.com\httpdocs\clases\recover-password.php on line 19

The method does not work, unfortunately there is no solution for this problem, I can only send messages to the accounts that I have created in the panel, but I cannot send to other people.

So adding the loop back addresses to the server-wide mail settings white list didn't resolve that issue? It should had because of how things are done. Do you know if you're able to send emails in general from your server? What is your mail enable configuration looks like?

Back