• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to attach Plesk server to Expand

PaddingtonC

Basic Pleskian
I have a server running Plesk 8.6 which I need to get rid off. The reason is the drive on that old server is corrupt such that no backups are running at present. I have set up a new server with Plesk 9.5 but am unable to copy data from the old server to the new one. The Plesk 8.6 server is part on an expand hierarchy and I am considering manually creating the domains and then de-attaching the old server from expand, then attach the new one. I cannot upgrade my current server because if anything breaks I do not have backups. This is very urgent that I migrate to a new server.

My question is will expand accept these manually created domains since the old server was part of the expand hierarchy?

How else can I migrate the data across? Any advise is welcome.

Last edited:
Information for Windows needed

I followed the links but they are for linux, do you have details for windows migration of data from 8.6 to 9.5 Pels panel?

Back