• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How to ,.. Backup/Restore from 7.5 to 8 ,..

S

silcharde

I mean im not updating, I want to backup everything from 7.5, get my server re-imaged and then restore the data.

How can I ?

is this a dedicated server or VPS/VDS?

Also, It will be a little tricky to get the 7.5.4 "plesk" backups restored to the new psa8 server.

Hope this helps ;)

Richard

Hello,

I face the same problem to migrate a Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.0, from a server to another.

I think solution is to go with personal script that backup user directories, mails, dns etc...

User management is made through psa database,
and database model is different from Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.0.
So I'm looking for sql script used during 7.5.4 to 8.0 migration process by plesk.

Is anyone know how to get them ?

Regards,

Originally posted by auricom
Hello,

I face the same problem to migrate a Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.0, from a server to another.

I think solution is to go with personal script that backup user directories, mails, dns etc...

User management is made through psa database,
and database model is different from Plesk 7.5.4 to 8.0.
So I'm looking for sql script used during 7.5.4 to 8.0 migration process by plesk.

Is anyone know how to get them ?

Regards,

That sure starts getting complicated does it not? My upgrade was simple, just time consuming of course.

I built a new fedora server, installed 7.5.4.

I then backed up my current RH9.0/7.5.4 server, moved the backup to my new server, restored it on the new fedora/7.5.4 server then upgraded the whole thing to 8.0.

After all of the planning I was doing, that ended up being the simplest way possible.

Hi,

I agree !
A Kind of lack of knowledge here from myself...
I did a test and it works fine :)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Originally posted by auricom
Hi,

I agree !
A Kind of lack of knowledge here from myself...
I did a test and it works fine :)

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Now, if Plesk would give us a REAL backup/mirror solution instead of that silly (is it really $900.00???) acronis third party solution... life would be even easier!

Mike

Back