• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to change MySql configuration type

Pieter van Kampen

New Pleskian
When you run the MySQL Installation Wizard, you can choose between different configuration types;
- Developer (for limited resource usage)
- Server (optimized)
- Dedicated (uses all available resources)

How does Plesk install MySQL? Is it possible to change the configuration type afterwards?

Hello,
these options in native MySQL installer are used to set different options in my.ini configuration file that will be used by this MySQL instance.
Plesk configures MySQL itself (using some predefined options and some customized options). I would say, it is mix between Server and Dedicated options.

Why do you want to change configuration type? Do you experience any issues with MySQL instance? Are there any options you want to modify (from those that are defined by Plesk)?

Hi Pavel,
I have 8 GB of memory and 8 cores. But Wordpress has a slow speed for anything that is not cached. So I want to find out what is causing this, and perhaps provide MySQL a bit more memory to use. I know it has a developer mode and a standard mode, and I want to find out in which mode it is installed. Basically I am looking for anything that is causing admin pages to have 15s + load time.

Can you confirm that the performance issue caused by MySQL?
For checking if current mysql options are fit to your server load, you can try to use external tool MySQLTuner.

Back