• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to change the 403 screen when a WordPress page is detached?

dxpg

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hey guys, Happy New Year etc!

So I have a question about redirecting or changing the 403 page you see when people visit a page that no longer has a WordPress Instance attached to it...

I know, I can hear you ask: Why not install a WordPress instance? Well because the guy that had the page never built the website and he decided he just wants to have a mailbox. Which is fine. I left the WordPress instance on but it was becoming a security risk. So I have removed it and now I have a 403 Forbidden screen.

Don't get me wrong, if there is no way then so be it. But if I could change it a little that would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

The 403 is caused by a missing index permission for directories that do not have an index file. You can simply create an index.html or index.php file in the document root directory. It does not need to have any content. This will result in displaying a blank page.

Oh I will try that. And now that I have you here. Is there any way to add text to the page as well? In any case, thank you very much!

Is there any way to add text to the page as well?
Sure, it's just a normal HTML page (or PHP page). You can head a <head>...</head> and a <body>...</body> block or use an index.php an put your script into it that does something when the URL is opened.

Back