• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

How to change the SMTP outgoing port from 25 to 26

eldhin

New Pleskian
Good day.

i want to ask, how can i change the outgoing SMTP port?. I want to change it to 26, since 25 is a port that some Internet Service Providers block

Thanks.

Are you really sure about this? If you change the port of your SMTP-Server you'll likely cannot send and receive E-Mails.

Hello,

Please check the following article:
https://kb.odin.com/en/837

==================

First a new entry will need to be created in xinetd for the alternate port:

cd /etc/xinetd.d

cp smtp_psa smtp_psa_p26

Next the entry that was just created needs to be modified:

vi smtp_psa_p26

Make the first line say “service smtp_p26” and save the file.

Next edit the services for the system to include the newly created one:

vi /etc/services

smtp_p26 26/tcp mail
smtp_p26 26/udp mail

After editing this, just restart xinetd and the server should be listening on port 26. A quick way to verify the changes took effect can be done using this command:

netstat -lpn|grep 26

NOTE: Don’t forget to make sure port 26 is open in the firewall.
==================

Thank you,

Back