• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to configure customer subscription with multiple domains if they cancel the main domain?

Marc Pol

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am struggling with the following problem:

For our costumers we create subscriptions based on their domainname, so that when they buy multiple domains at our company the buyed domains can be set under their subscription. The problem with this construction is that, when customers cancel their main domain that is binded to their subscription we need to remove the main subscription. This is a big tasks because we have to create a new subscription and migrate the existing domains to this newly created subscription.

So i was thinking:

What if i create a subscription with the costumer relation number in our portal. But plesk only listens to real domains. So that is not a option. I do not want to create seperate subscription for every domain that is buyed under the same customer. That is going to be a administrative mess.

I am wondering how the rest of you is dealing with this problem.

Some providers simply create "fake" domain names like <customer id>.xx (34567.xx, 9875.xx). Some use long internal subdomains like <subdomain>.<id>.<hostname>.tld (copper.t78.hostname-at-provider.com etc.). You can also rename the main domain to such a name when the main domain is cancelled. And even if you let it sit just there as it is - if it is no longer registered or routed to the system, nothing will happen anyway.

Back