• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question How to Configure DNS Cluster ?

Awby

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Plesk, and I currently have 2 domains on a Plesk VPS.

I would like to ask you how to linked the Plesk VPS to DNS nameservers, so that I can manage their DNS zones.

In cPanel, I think its done by configuring the DNS cluster, but in Plesk I could not find how to do so.

Is this possible on Plesk? If yes, can someone please explain how to configure the Nameserver or point me to a good source.

Thank you in advance.

Are you actually using your own nameserver on your Plesk installation or do you have nameservers at the place where you lease your domain names from?

Are you actually using your own nameserver on your Plesk installation or do you have nameservers at the place where you lease your domain names from?
Thank you for your reply.

Currently I just using Free Cloudflare nameserver, as I manually copied the DNS zone from Plesk to my CL account.

I already have have my own seperate nameservers that I already linked to another cPanel VPS using the DNS cluster, and I want to do the same for my Plesk VPS.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to do:
- Configure the Namserver to the Plesk VPS
- When I buy a new domain name, I just want to change its DNS servers to my own and create an account in my VPS. This way the domain is automatically linked to the hosting and I can manage the DNS zone from the Plesk DNS manager when I need to add verification TXT records etc.

You do not need to configure any zones on your Plesk VPS if you are using nameservers at another party. In you domain data set you enter your name servers that are hosted elsewhere. In those nameserver you configure the zones.

Back