• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved How to disable SRS on Onyx?

gregconway

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
I recently upgraded a Plesk server to Onyx and SRS is causing us huge mail problems.
How can I disable SRS? (for an immediate fix whilst I work out how to implement SRS without causing us all these problems!)
Thanks,
Greg.

Last edited:
Does anybody have a way of disabling SRS?
I am using Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 running on CentOS 6.
If more information would help here then i will happily provide such information, but essentially I just want a way of disabling SRS completely. Per Domain would be even better!
Thanks.

Hi gregconway,

apart from the information
Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 running on CentOS 6
and
is causing us huge mail problems.
... you don't describe your issues/error/problems.

Pls. let's see at least some depending log - entries, or pls. let us know, which sort of mail - server settings you use ( a screenshot from "HOME > Tools & Settings > Mail - Server Settings" would as well help, but better would be as well the configuration files! ). You don't even currently tell us, which mail - server - combination you use. :(

The more information you provide, the better will be investigations and possible suggestions or work-arounds to achieve your goal from people willing to help you. At the moment, you leave us pretty alone with guessings, which is only time consuming and might not at all lead to any root cause of your issue/error/problem. :(

Sorry... the "huge mail problems" are not with the plesk server. They are occurring on a spam appliance further down the chain, hence there are no errors that would be relevant to plesk to post here!

Prior to the Plesk Onyx update that introduced SRS all our mail filtering worked fine but since then we are having major problems with whitelisting addresses etc as it does not yet understand SRS.But this is not the fault of the Plesk server, which is why I didn't put any more information in here!

I simply want to be able to switch off SRS, if that's possible!

We are using postfix and dovecot. Relaying is closed. We are using mail limitation.No DMARC. No DKIM. We are using SPF and DNSRBL.

I just didn't think any further information was relevant as the issue is not with Plesk... I literally want to know if SRS can be switched off in some way!!

If any specific information would help then I will gladly post it here but I'm really not sure what would be relevant!

Thanks for any help.

Hi gregconway,

the "huge mail problems" are not with the plesk server
... and you won't tell us, WHERE you got issues/errors/problems, so we would be able to investigate or reproduce the issues/errors/problems?

hmmm... :rolleyes:

I simply want to be able to switch off SRS, if that's possible!
"SRS" is not a single function or option, which you are able to switch on off over the Plesk Control Panel. If you need further informations, you might like to visit for example: => SPF: SRS

Lol... I would glady tell you all about the spam appliance (EFA, which can usually be found at efa-project.org - Index page but seems to be down at present) but it is well beyond the scope of the Plesk forum! Or I would have posted more info about the problem!! ;)

All I wanted to know was whether I could switch off SRS or not. I presume from this -

"SRS" is not a single function or option, which you are able to switch on off over the Plesk Control Panel

That is not possible to just switch it off?

Thanks!

I love how somebody marked this as resolved, even though it was blatantly unanswered!

Anyway, for anybody who finds this thread, you can switch off SRS as follows -

perl -pi -e 's/mailnames/mailnames -s/' /etc/postfix/master.cf
/sbin/service postfix restart

Hope that helps somebody out there somewhere! :)

Back