• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

how to do a backup of _ALL_ clients & domains?

Y

yeploler

hi =)

I'm wondering how to do a complete backup with the plesk control panel of all the clients and domains.... in the advertisements of swsoft they say that it is possible to do so...

but I can't find anything like that, it's just possible to do this for every little account... this would take days on our server x)

I know there are a lot of scripts which could help me with that, but I want to know if this is possible with plesk.

what I want to do is... to backup ALL clients automatically... client after client.. and get the data moved to an external ftp-server.. (at the moment this is only possible for each client and has to be configured manually...this takes me days)

any idea? would be nice to hear from you soon :)

best regards, loler

Plesk backup utils are free, although some have had issues with them being slow (you can disable use of tar/gz).

A non-free alternative would be to purchase the 4PSA backup software, it also works well.

one more question about this...

to backup my data I think this command is quite the best...

BACKUP:
ssh root@www.domain.com '/usr/local/psa/bin/psadump -f - --domains-names=/home/backup-domains' | split -b1000m - dump.

this is performed at the external ftp-backupserver via shell and writes the output directy on the external-server and splits the files into 1000mb parts... also this command is only backing up the domains specified in the list /home/backup-domains

but now I want to restore :)

that's my problem..

I think a command like these two would work for me... but something is wrong and not working... any idea?

RESTORE:
I want to do something like this...
/usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f /root/psa_backup/my_psa_backup_file --domains-names=/root/psa_backup/my_domain_names_file

but the FAQ says something like this...
ssh root@www.domain.com 'cat dump.*' | /usr/local/psa/bin/psarestore -f - -m /home/backup/my_ip_map_file -s /home/backup/my_shells_map_file

short version of my question *g*:
I want to restore specific domains from the splitted backup on the external-ftp to my original webserver (no restore of the complete system, only those specific single domains)

...quite weird ;)

thanx for help!

best regards, loler

How 'bout a button for "backup all client domains"?

How 'bout a button like "Backup all client domains" on Plesk CP?

That would make things so much easier I think. Then, all that would be needed is another question as to "How often to backup"?

Then, client does something and loses all their data and comes crawling to you (and of couse, they won't have a backup). Well, all you would need to do is click on the "Backup all client domains" button in Plesk and then click on "Restore client domain ___ from latest backup?" . Then you would just click on "yes". And client has their system back as new.

How hard would this be for Plesk to implement? Their licenses are expensive enough.

It's not *all*, but they do have a backup scheduler on the domain module page. You would have to go into each domain and setup a scheduled backup to either the local repository or setup an ftp remote server account.

Not as easy as doing all at once, but with the backup utils doing a single file server backup and then wanting to separate out domains is a pain.

At least they put a domain level backup into the CP, better than nothing (as it used to be).

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
You would have to go into each domain and setup a scheduled backup to either the local repository or setup an ftp remote server account.

yeah, that's what I did... but it takes hours to setup every client with the needed ftp-data etc.

but at least I got scheduled backups to an external ftp now...

best regards, loler

SYSBK

i looked into that sysbk and gave it a shot. Seemed to work flawlesly. Anybody else try this. It does all domains in a single shot and pretty fast.

Back