• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to enable PHP extensions for a specific domain that runs a specific PHP version - instead for global PHP version x.y?

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
Hi there

I just can see how to enable them for a specific PHP version "globally" - so not just for one domain: How to Enable/Disable PHP Extensions in Plesk? - ServerCake India

I would like to enable the following extensions for my specific snappymail webmail subdomain that currently runs on PHP 8.x (if necessary [if that extensions are not available], it can also run on a lower php 7.x version)

Extensions i would ike to enable for PHP 8.x on that specific webmail subdomain:

- Gmagick
- GnuPG
- uuid
- XXTEA

(They are not mandatory for snappyMail, but i would ike to enable them)

Hi

You can do that by adding custom configuration to the php.ini used by the domain in Domains > example.com > PHP Settings > Additional configuration directives:

INI:
extension = some_extension.so
extension = other_extension.so
extension = other_extension_1.so
extension = other_extension_2.so

That should work for both PHP-FPM and FastCGI and should only apply to a single site.

Before applying that, you'd also need to compile these extensions using pecl (e.g. /opt/plesk/php/8.0/bin/pecl install uuid): https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005875373

Back